Author Topic: noisy cracked bow!  (Read 3098 times)

Clint Brown

noisy cracked bow!
« on: June 16, 2008, 10:17:23 pm »
Hi
 I have a question. I have just repaired a crack in the limb of my self bow.the crack runs with the grain or parellel with the limbs. I super glued the crack and wrapped a three inch section in sinew. After the repair when the bow is being drawn it makes a clicking noise coming from the repaired area. Is this normal for this kind of repair? And would there have been a better way to fix the bow.?
thANKS Clint

Offline Lost Arra

Re: noisy cracked bow!
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2008, 11:36:41 pm »
Is the sinew glued with hide glue?

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2008, 12:36:14 am »
If you used hide glue with your sinew wrap and you used a too much glue it could be the glue making the noise. If that is the case, it shouldn't hurt anything.
   How long is the crack(check?) ? In my experience, super glue without a wrap is sufficient if the check isn't too long or wide.   Will you post a picture of the crack and/or repair? Might make it easier to make a suggestion for the repair.     Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Clint Brown

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2008, 11:52:22 pm »
Hi
Thank for the responce. the crack is not wide but around three inches long. I used tight bond with the sinuw. I shoot the bow again today and there was less ticking/cracking noise. Sorry I am not able to take a picture right now.
Thanks Clint