Author Topic: about robin hood  (Read 17180 times)

Offline sailordad

Re: about robin hood
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2008, 07:03:20 pm »
ya but you need to be more computer literate than i am to do that kinda stuf,and my sons gone so i cant get him to do it either :P
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

triton

« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2008, 11:50:13 am »
  :D My opinion is Robin was a Yeomen who went rogue. Then got his own mob together to fight for the less fortunate. Whatever he done would be remembered for centuries. Being an archer on a battle field your bound to see some things.
sorta like a trade unionist?  :D

Offline bow-toxo

« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2008, 08:17:14 pm »
  :D My opinion is Robin was a Yeomen who went rogue. Then got his own mob together to fight for the less fortunate. Whatever he done would be remembered for centuries. Being an archer on a battle field your bound to see some things.
sorta like a trade unionist?  :D
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Not really. Opinions aside, the early histories and ballads picture a man, a first class archer, who happened to be the leader of one of the many bands of outlaws that infested the royal forests at that time and in that area. There is nothing in the early info about fighting for the less fortunate { although he does help one impoverished knight find justice] or about Normans versus Saxons, or about the Crusades, or about Maid Marion, or about rocket ships. But it is a great story anyway.

Offline uwe

« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2008, 06:00:20 pm »
Once there was a report somewhere in german ? TV or did I read it somewhere? Sorry, don`t remember, where they where searching for Robin Hood. They found in old english churchbooks a man called Robin Hoode (Hode), who lived in the 15th cent. It should have been a homosexual courts joker, as it was said.

Little Robin Hood

« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2008, 04:40:06 pm »
I am a researcher of the Robin Hood legend, and am writing a series based on it.   There's a lot more material on him out there than ... many people realize ... I can't give it all away now, but he was definitely a real person.   But much further back in time than we've been taught!   Audacious fellow.

Offline ratty

« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2008, 04:58:45 pm »
i take it sherlock holmes was a real person too ::)

Shooter_G22

« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2008, 01:31:19 am »
HEY ! ! !   HEY !!!  >:(

Robin Hood is real!!!   he was the best archer of all time!!!   no one could compare...

the only one that could come close would be ....... would be....... "legolace"

but legolace is an Elf....  and elfs are not real!!!! 

but if they were....   who would win????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUrOcmFxpSY

thoought id share this with you guys cuase i found it on you tube one day when i was messing around on youtube....

;D

Offline ratty

« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2008, 03:37:53 pm »

Robin Hood is real!!!   he was the best archer of all time!!!   no one could compare...

thoought id share this with you guys cuase i found it on you tube one day when i was messing around on youtube....

;D

naaaaaaaa definatley tonto is the best  ::)

Offline bow-toxo

« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2008, 09:55:30 pm »

;D

=
  What can compare to the joy of an intelligent discussion ?

Offline JBL

« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2008, 12:42:44 am »
I am reading the "King Raven Trilogy" by Stephen Lawhead.  He has a "fresh" take on the legend and puts Robin in Wales just after the Norman Conquest.  It is a fun read.

Shooter_G22

« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2008, 12:08:41 am »
sorry gentleman,

didnt mean to offend...  just reading over the thread and that video i saw a while back kept poping up in my mind and i thought that some could use or appreciate a little comic relief from all the history...

hope a few did like it... ;D

and i dont know all the history behind the legend,  but i always grew up believing that robin hood did exist...

and i strongly believe that all legend come from or originate from "some" truth...  and beside look at the popularity of the story... i mean who doesnt know the tale of Robin Hood ???   i know that doesn't make him real...   but it sure does make a little sense...   Robin Hood, little john, the mery men...  the fact that he was a master of disguiz and the best archer known of that time...   its like saying he was billy the kid... or jessie james...    in a 1000 yrs  im sure people are going to wonder if those people really existed and lets put in a hypithetical factor of a mass fall of sociaty or civilization where all records or computers crash and books and paper records are burnt and sociaty is to start over...   like has happend many of times in the dark ages...   there would be no proof of billy the kid existing or jessie james...   but we know they did, but will people know a thousand yrs from now????   and im sure jessie james is no where neer as big a legend as robin hood not trying to compare just puting an example..

soo yea i really think that  Robin Hood  did in fact exist... and his legend has survived the ages and the test of time...   to have been the best archer like no other in that time fram...  i mean that is what he is known for...   that and for stealing from the rich and giving to the poor...  in a time of great appreation...

soo yea i think he did exist... and i dont need solid proof to believe he lived and existed it impossible to have that in record....  i mean i dont have to have solid records showing proof to believ he existed....   

some people are quick to say show me proof and if you cant then it didnt happen!
and they go back to thinking in there little box!

;D

triton

« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2008, 12:25:00 pm »
I believe in Robin Hood more than I believe in god

Offline deerhunter97370

« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2008, 02:40:09 pm »
I am reading the "King Raven Trilogy" by Stephen Lawhead.  He has a "fresh" take on the legend and puts Robin in Wales just after the Norman Conquest.  It is a fun read.

JBL is one of the books called Hood if so I have a copy. Havent been able to start it yet but looks like a good story.

A co-worker of mine said there is a University in Sherwood England that has a Masters program on Robin Hood Lore. Joel
Always be ready to: Preach, Pray, or Die. John Wesley

Offline bow-toxo

« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2008, 05:58:11 pm »
i take it sherlock holmes was a real person too ::)
No, Sherlock Holmes was a creation of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. I am not sure if Sir Winston Churchill was a real person. Any theories ?

Offline JBL

« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2008, 11:37:12 pm »
Deerhunter-Yes the first book is HOOD, the second SCARLET and third coming out this winter is TUCK.  First two are fun and have a nice fresh take on the legend.