Author Topic: reflex deflex ?  (Read 2434 times)

Phillip K

reflex deflex ?
« on: May 30, 2008, 10:00:39 pm »
what would the taper measurment be for reflex deflex Hickory  Belly wood at 50#@ 26 at 68" with a 1/8" backing of Hickory? (Approx), this is important Because I only have one more butternut Hickory board to work with,
Or should I just cut the Belly board to a specific thickness then tiller More after the Backing and belly are glued and put in the form. Complicated :-\

Offline Hickoryswitch

Re: reflex deflex ?
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2008, 11:09:45 pm »
I'm a newbie but this was in a PA article. This was for a boo backed hickory. Coming out of the fades was 1/2 in. tapering to 3/16 at the nocks. I think it said it was good for bout 60 lbs.
Wayne Silverthorn

radius

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2008, 11:18:22 pm »
hey pk go check out wytetale's buildalong ... mucho coolo...

do you plan to add a riser after the glue up into r/d shape?  and are you going to use a power lam?

my first r/d (thread from last week) had no power lam, but it was a trilam, with a riser and belly strips added on to up the poundage.  It was maple, and tapered from 3/8 to 1/4 or so over about 30 inches...after added 1/8 thick yew belly lams, the draw weight increased to 50#...

since then i have glued up a few more of these babies, with powerlams...but i haven't tillered them yet...i've got 4 or 5 blanks complete with risers and belly lams just waiting for me to get started...

my advice overall:  make a decision, make a bow, evaluate the bow, and then re-evaluate your decision

Phillip K

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2008, 11:27:40 pm »
I'll Be adding a Riser and only using belly and backing,Not quite sure what a power lam is But I will soon find out. Thanks Mr's.PK