Author Topic: Spineing a flight arrow  (Read 715 times)

Offline Selfbowman

Re: Spineing a flight arrow
« Reply #15 on: Today at 07:02:03 pm »
BJ I bought some 50-60 arrows at the flight shoot a couple years ago. These where made by different flight shooters from the 50’s. Godsey  and Pearson Names are on them. These guys new what they were doing. Beautiful craftsman. The wood in these arrows are hard to get this day in time. That’s why I bought them. Also I could learn from some of the best by examining these arrows. Most where missing fledgling or points and such. I have both spine testers mentioned. Some flight arrows are to short for the Don Adams tester. It’s resting points are 26” inches apart. I have move them closer together to test 23-24” arrows but unsure if this is ok. So where I put the weight seams to me to be important. This is all new to me . Broadhead I have got a grip on but the flight arrows is a different game. It’s amazing how stiff these thin arrows are. I’ve spined and weighed. These arrows as best I can. I’ve got a large range of spine and weights . I can test these arrows through bows but do not want to shoot the flight bows so I can keep them fresh. 
Well I'll say!!  Osage is king!!

Offline Selfbowman

Re: Spineing a flight arrow
« Reply #16 on: Today at 07:03:47 pm »
Pic
Well I'll say!!  Osage is king!!