Main Discussion Area > Bows

Removing a jute handle wrap

(1/2) > >>

Muskyman:
I was wanting to remove a jute handle wrap that I put on a bow with titebond 3 and then put a Massey finish on the jute. Is that going to be a problem getting off. I’m not real worried because I’m actually wanting to reduce the handle a little. My biggest concern is the ring on the back of the bow. Would you sand the titebond off on the back? 
Any thoughts
Thanks

Pat B:
I'd cut through the jute with a sharp razor and peel it off the handle. I doubt it would be difficult.

Pat B:
Oh, if you decide to go this method be sure to make the cut on the under side(belly) of the handle where it shouldn't affect the integrity of the bow.

Muskyman:
Sounds like good advice to me Pat. I just wasn’t sure how hard getting it off that tb III might be or if anyone else has had to do this.. I actually hate to do it because it’s by far the best looking wrap I’ve ever put on.. I have my reasons for doing it but, I won’t go into that. Hopefully it won’t be to hard and nothing else bad happens. 
Thanks again.

Pat B:
Just take it slow and easy until you see how it's working. A matt knife or razor knife would give you good control.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version