Main Discussion Area > Cave Men only "Oooga Booga"

Pike hypothesis

<< < (2/2)

WhistlingBadger:

--- Quote from: GlisGlis on September 10, 2024, 02:55:28 pm ---
that's what they said but actually I'm not sure it's true
Looking at a wild boar moving you instantly notice that the beast is fast. And I mean very fast.
It's also not that tall and viewing from the front it's quite narrow and you can almost see nothing but his head
if you put the rear of your spear into the ground your spear would have a very small angle with the terrain to be effective almost forcing you into a kneeled position and with the risk of slipping away.
Securing your spear into the ground and aiming while in such position is pretty unlikely
If you look at all the boar painting from the past they show man holding the spear in "regular" position

--- End quote ---

Interesting.  You're probably right.  The pictures do show normal spear position, and that makes sense.  I'm pretty impressed with the guy sticking one with a sword behind the ear, from horseback...   :o

JW_Halverson:
There is a site in Texas, I believe, where an entire family group of mammoths were killed. There are signs that all of them had been partially butchered and only ONE Clovis point found in each. A large female was found at a distance with MULTIPLE Clovis points in her body and no sign of butchering. Extrapolating from modern elephant behavior, the herd matriarchs are the defenders of the family herds, she most likely continued her attacks and took multiple injuries before succumbing to her injuries. Doesn't sound like pikes planted in the ground to me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version