Author Topic: Triplets...  (Read 7161 times)

Offline uwe

Re: Triplets...
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2008, 04:44:39 pm »
Congrats Uwe. Three nice bows. Can we have full draw pics????

Sure! Thats what I owe you! My wife has just taken the pics. Sorry, sunny weather has left North- Germany, but I hope to bring some brightness into your yes with full draw pictures.
1.: the "Barkbow", Dimensions: length of all bows: 1,40m- 55" except the recurve, because of this 1,30m- 51".
The "Barkbow" is 51mm- 2" wide, the "Middlebow" 37mm- 1,46" wide and the "Corebow", the Static Recurve is 33mm- 1,3" wide.
This is the first time I saw these bows at full draw. I`ve told that I made them without tillering board. Just floortillering,some sense of proportion, passion and then I quickly brought it up to full draw. Osage seems to be very assigning with this relatively rough method.I`m very pleased with my results! I only saw it only shadowy in the glass of our backdoor.
See the photos!
Regards Uwe

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline kayakfisher

« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2008, 05:08:19 pm »
nice bows Uwe lets see thats one for you and two for me here is my address.  ;D
                                                                                   Dennis
The river of life twist and bends, you never know whats around the next bend till your there

Springfield Mo home of  Kids,Tomato's and Tornado's

Dustybaer

« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2008, 05:14:09 pm »
wow, the string barely lifts off the recurve.  it'd be interesting to see the diagram on this one. 

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2008, 05:22:00 pm »
Very nice Uwe...and especially without a tiller tree. You did a great job with all three bows. Don't you just love to work with osage.
   Is that a buckeye(Aesculus) tree in the background? Possibly Horsechestnut.     Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline uwe

« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2008, 05:35:02 pm »
A lot of questions to be answered. Pat: thats a red horseshoe chestnut. I`m very disappointed with it: its sick... The bark is peeling off. It seems to be a mycosis. A lot of chestnut trees are ill in Germany. The autumn leaves are not allowed to be put into the compost, because it will get earth again and will then infect other chestnuttrees.
Kayakfisher: dig out your kayak, I`ll dig out mine and we meet somewhere on the atlantic! ;D
Dustybear: I don`t knowhow to make a diagram. I only build my bows by idea. It draws about 35 pounds at around 26 " and throws a lightweight booarrow up to 125 m, what should be around 137 yards.

Offline George Tsoukalas

• Traditional and Primitive Archers
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2008, 05:50:06 pm »
Great tiller on those bows. Jawge
Set Happens!
If you ain't breakin' you ain't makin!

Offline AndrewS

« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2008, 06:02:32 pm »
Thanks for the pics. Great work without a tillertree ;)

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2008, 08:43:48 pm »
Yes, I know of this problem. My wife has one too. So we`ve already learnt to use the string carefully.

You can always coat a good Shellac or Urethane over the Skins 4-5 times and sand between Coats....this will take the rough edges off of the Scales and make them a lot harder to snag and pull off... I have two Bows that are made with one full length Snake....and this kept it from tearing or pulling the Scales off of either one.....it's a thought
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2008, 09:03:50 pm »
That is some pretty tillering.  Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2008, 11:30:15 am »
Nice job,all look great,that is how to make the most out of a log. :)
    Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline uwe

« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2008, 01:55:36 pm »
Thanks for the honouring!
El Destructo: thanks for this tip, I`ll try it! Sounds good and I believe it helps.
Regards Uwe