Author Topic: BowED  (Read 1088 times)

bassman211, CRCopland and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Bob Barnes

Re: BowED
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2024, 09:47:33 am »
I'm almost positive I will see ed in a few weeks at mojam. He is a good man all around. Jist different in the beautiful way that we are.

Thanks Dave.  Ed will be there and he's bringing his latest crazy cool horn belly bow.

Bassman, could you post pictures of the bows please? 
Seems like common sense isn't very common any more...

Offline Selfbowman

« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2024, 10:57:05 am »
Tell Mr attitude Arvin says hey. 🤠🤠 
Well I'll say!!  Osage is king!!

Offline superdav95

« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2024, 12:04:07 pm »
I'm almost positive I will see ed in a few weeks at mojam. He is a good man all around. Jist different in the beautiful way that we are.

Thanks Dave.  Ed will be there and he's bringing his latest crazy cool horn belly bow.

Bassman, could you post pictures of the bows please?

Looks like he has posted some pics of this bow on paleo planet. 
Sticks and stones and other poky stabby things.

superdav95@gmail.com

Online bassman211

« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2024, 02:39:16 pm »
Bob I can't post pics. Computer illerate. Read your private messages.

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2024, 09:34:40 am »
I will pass on the hello's for sure.
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Offline Bob Barnes

« Reply #20 on: Today at 02:28:23 am »
I'm trying to post pictures of Tim's bows

Offline Bob Barnes

« Reply #21 on: Today at 02:29:06 am »
here's the last 2

Offline sleek

« Reply #22 on: Today at 03:10:45 am »
Arvin your in box is full for private messages.  The bows all shot 140 fps today except for one skinny  hickory bow. It shot 148 average. I made it from a 19 year old seasoned stave, and draw was 3lbs. heavier than the rest. The stave was narrow so I could only get one ,and an eighth wide at the fades.  Hard shooter for what it is. I shot it with a 10 strand low stretch 652 string.

If you are so inclined, I'd be happy to design a fast self bow in your draw weight. I'm surprised by those low numbers. They can be much faster.
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #23 on: Today at 09:29:14 am »
Check you PMs Sleek, it's not what you think.

Online bassman211

« Reply #24 on: Today at 11:15:39 am »
The first bow is sinew backed Osage, and the second bow is sinew backed elm. Thanks to Bob Barnes for posting the pics. Both those bows shoot  140 to 145 average. Sleek I am shooting 12 GPP. 25 inch draw 30 lb bows.  I shoot gap, and a 30 inch arrow. Those speeds work fine for me at 12 ,15, and 20 yds were accuracy is concerned. Sleek thanks for your kind offer. So now we have a challenge for all of those who may be curious, and experienced bowyers with making a 30 lb bow, shooting a 370 gr arrow at 25 inch draw, and posting the speeds, design , etc. I would love to see your results.  The bows above are over built for durability, and longevity, and I know that. That would be another consideration.

Offline Selfbowman

« Reply #25 on: Today at 12:38:07 pm »
I would go 64” inches on a 30# draw at 25” with a 8 inch stiff handle. 1-1/4 inch wide at the fade . Parallel for 9” then taper to the tips . Flip the tips a bit . Shoot 9 grains per pound on target shooting . Should increase speed I would think.
Well I'll say!!  Osage is king!!

Online bassman211

« Reply #26 on: Today at 02:31:26 pm »
Thanks Arvin....I will keep that in mind on some of the other bows that I am going to reduce. One of the hickory bows I reduced is one and an eighth at the fades but with a 5 inch long handle, and straight taper, and no flipped tips 64 inches long.