Author Topic: Negative tiller question  (Read 251 times)

Offline Muskyman

Negative tiller question
« on: June 23, 2024, 11:18:35 am »
On a bow I’m making when I was measuring the tiller  it has about 1/8th negative tiller. Top limb is about 3/4 inch longer than the bottom limb. Should I worry about the negative tiller or not. It shoots good and I have been getting good groups with it. I don’t really want to reduce the weight anymore so what are my options.

Offline Will B

Re: Negative tiller question
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2024, 02:58:43 pm »
If it shoots good I wouldn’t worry about a 1/8th-inch negative tiller. That might change as you put more arrows through the bow. Enjoy it!

Offline Hamish

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2024, 08:42:07 pm »
Pretty much agree with Will. As long as one limb isn't taking significantly more set than the other when unstrung.

Offline Muskyman

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2024, 08:57:14 pm »
So far this bow has not taken any set at all. During tillering and shooting the longest it’s been strung is about a hour. When I took the string off it went right back to its unstrung shape. As best I could tell anyway. I’ve put about 100 arrows through it and it seems to keep its original shape.
It’s my trade bow and I have pictures on the junior trade bow thread on here right after unstringing it. It’s my best bow yet, and I’m gonna miss it.