Main Discussion Area > Bows

bow string material choice

<< < (2/3) > >>

bassman211:
I under stand that Pat, but if you are shooting lower poundage bows with arrows that you like ,and  your bow won't bare shaft tune properly low stretch string can be , and usually is the answer. In stead of having to buy a weaker spine arrow to shoot with the bow the string compensates, and will suffice. I have proven this to myself with many different low poundage self bows, backed bows, and even some vintage glass bows. For  target shooting  I buy top of the line carbon arrows that are not cheap. When I hunted I used my own wooden arrows, with hand made steel ,and stone points. I am not suggesting that you do the same with your string choice, but I will say that  low stretch string will enhance the bow's performance up to 10 fps. Allowing you to shoot a heavier spined arrow which for me saves money on arrow expense. :)

uwe:
Hi,
Mostly I`m using flax. I still have some Dacron, but flax is my favoutite.
Uwe

freke:
 I like FF better than B5x as it not stretch as much and I do not need to correct string height all the time, but they can be noisy.
Recent have I made raw hide string, I am not good at it (yet) as they have come out heavy, but those stretch little as long as they are not soaked but work.   

Selfbowman:
I argued with rick Barby for a year about B50 being quieter than D97 . I was wrong. He proved it with decibel meter. 🤠🤠D97 is also faster. It won’t cut into Osage. Pat I had 8 rolls of B50 that I gave away after buying one roll of D97. And I am tight!  Buy one roll and you will see the difference. To some of us the difference is not important. I understand. Happy string making.🤠🤠

Pappy:
D97 for me, quieter/faster and I get less arm slap, plus usually only have to adjust the brace once, maybe twice after a lot of shooting but then it stays the same.  :)
 Pappy

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version