Main Discussion Area > Bows

bow string material choice

<< < (3/3)

bassman211:
If you go through all the hard steps to build a good self bow why not use a string material that will enhance it's performance. It is just a personal choice ,but a no brainer to me.

bentstick54:
My 1st string on my 1st Osage selfbow was B50 because that is what I had. A friend suggested I switch to D97 and since I needed to by a new spool of something I thought I would try it. That was in 2011, and that’s all I’ve used ever since then. Mostly because string stretch is not a problem.

razorbak:
I have made tons of strings over the years and have tried EVERYTHING that has been on the market over the last 4 decades and always liked the higher performance materials and currently my personal favorite is Mercury 2 as it’s tough as nails and it doesn’t stretch like the b50/b55 which is fine for many but not for me as it’s pretty sad while watching it stretch before your eyes while sitting in a tree stand during a morning hunt. I’m sure I many fellas don’t have any issues with that but it don’t work for me. DF97 is a good material and alot cheaper than many spools out there but I find more added benifits with my current string material choice

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version