Main Discussion Area > Horn Bows

Native American style sheep horn bow 47"

<< < (2/2)

tibor:

--- Quote from: Parnell on January 05, 2024, 12:01:00 am ---All the bows look very well made.  Don’t think I’ve seen one yet with this length and draw.  Very cool to see.  What type of horn?  Thanks for posting.

--- End quote ---

Thank you, it is mouflon horns

tibor:

--- Quote from: Pat B on January 05, 2024, 12:44:29 am ---Very cool sheep horn bow. I especially like the quillwork bands on the limbs and the tiller is right on. Very well done!  :OK

--- End quote ---

Thank you

superdav95:
I love this bow.  The draw length is impressive.  Is this bow made with just sheep horn only or is there a wood core and or sinew also?  I agree the tiller is spot on.  What is the cast lime on this bow.  How would it compare with standard wood bow.  Thanks. 

tibor:

--- Quote from: superdav95 on January 28, 2024, 05:07:59 pm ---I love this bow.  The draw length is impressive.  Is this bow made with just sheep horn only or is there a wood core and or sinew also?  I agree the tiller is spot on.  What is the cast lime on this bow.  How would it compare with standard wood bow.  Thanks.

--- End quote ---
thanks, only sheep horns, sinew and snake skin...this is native american style horn bow, without a wooden core

superdav95:
Very cool.  I’m working on a horn bow right now myself.  I’ll post some pics of it soon.  It’s a wood core with Buffalo horn belly and sinew back.  It’s got fixed levers reinforced with horn all glued together with hide glue.  Hopefully it doesn’t explode.  🤞

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version