Author Topic: Fort Stewart/HAAF  (Read 1112 times)

Offline paulc

Fort Stewart/HAAF
« on: December 31, 2023, 10:52:42 am »
For 20yrs now I have driven past HAAF(15 min from house) and traveled an hour out to Stewart to hunt. Haven't shot a deer in 2, maybe 3 yrs on Stewart so I went to HAAF (w 16gauge shotgun) last night for first time. Doubled-up on a large doe and yearling at 5:30. Will spend this morning getting them into a cooler. Good to ha e access to venison again!

Paul

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
Re: Fort Stewart/HAAF
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2023, 11:13:37 am »
Nice that’ll keep you busy for a little while

Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline paulc

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2023, 02:38:49 pm »
It's a beautiful morning here in S'nah for parting up a deer. I used a stone knife blade and a random flake to cut up a good bit of the deer. Great fun doing it the old way!

How long do you all allow your deer to chill either in a cooler w ice or hanging in a walkin cooler?

Thanks, Paul

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2023, 04:27:53 pm »
It's a beautiful morning here in S'nah for parting up a deer. I used a stone knife blade and a random flake to cut up a good bit of the deer. Great fun doing it the old way!

How long do you all allow your deer to chill either in a cooler w ice or hanging in a walkin cooler?

Thanks, Paul

That’s pretty cool Paul.

I generally like to hang mine about a week, but sometimes scheduling conflicts change things.

Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2023, 07:21:26 pm »
Congrats, I keep mine in cooler on ice at least 3/4 day , draining the bloody water each day and add more ice if needed, I don’t really care for the gamy taste and that will take that away. Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good