Main Discussion Area > Bows

Inaugural “junior” bow trade

<< < (8/46) > >>

Muskyman:
Probably start on mine too. Don’t want to wait till the last minute. I might start two in case something happens to my first try. Nothing like a backup plan.

stuckinthemud:
Starting early on is a great idea, takes the pressure off, allows you to make more than one bow and choose the best.... :BB

Muskyman:
Got my stave out chased it down to a ring. I’ll probably go down to the next ring which is much thicker then where I’m at right now.. I took a belly split off the stave and in hindsight I wish I hadn’t. I thought I’d end up with 2 inches in the handle but it’s only about 1 1/2 and I’ll have to take some of that off. I might glue a piece on the handle but, not sure yet.

Muskyman:

Took it down to a better growth ring and laid it out.
Question about the knot in the photos. It’s in the handle/fade area and shouldn’t be bending at all.
Can I rasp that off flat and be okay? Or should I leave it? It’s going to be in the handle
Also will have a wrap, leather or jute. Haven’t decided yet.

sleek:
Do NOT put a knot in the fade. The fade does bend on every bow and is under the most stress of the whole bow. Try to pit the knot more in the handle or where the arrow will rest against it bit don't cut a shelf.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version