Main Discussion Area > Bows

Inaugural “junior” bow trade

<< < (46/46)

JW_Halverson:
I had a trade bow down to final tillering and something slipped and it flew off the tillering tree, and cracked a limb less than a week before deadline. I was sick. It was looking great and I was even gonna enter it as a contender for bow of the month.

I sent my apologies and brooded for two days. I laid in bed one night and it was just eating at me, I could not get to sleep. So I got up, went to the garage, turned on the radio. I pulled out a stave with the bark on just as the classic JJ Cale song began to play....After Midnight, pretty appropriate since it was just a little after midnite. This was the original, not the cover by Slow Hand.

Some time around dawn I was down to final tillering, fastest I had ever made a bow. I glued on tip overlays and set it aside. That evening after work I hit tiller, draw weight, and draw length with a few dozen scrapes. I finish sanded and started laying on the finish. One of the best bows I have ever made and the recipient really liked it. I think I shipped it only a little late.  My two take-away lessons: 1) Don't get caught in analysis paralysis, and 2) never beat yourself up excessively, learn to forgive yourself.

sleek:

--- Quote from: stuckinthemud on September 20, 2024, 07:13:59 pm ---Thanks , I’ll clear out some space. 

How does everyone feel about next weekend as the shipping date?

--- End quote ---
Ill probably ship next week, bit if not, certainly the week after.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version