Main Discussion Area > Bows

Inaugural “junior” bow trade

<< < (4/46) > >>

paulc:
Well I picked thru my stash of wood and have a river birch stave that I roughed out over a year ago. Been stored ever since. 74" long, 2"wide at what will be the fades and 1" wide at tips. Should be plenty for an over-built, safe bow. Stave is clean except for one humpy knot area that I think I can deal with.

If it is an OK offering for this, someone say the word and I'll start working it.  Are we making a bow for someone specific, like trying to "make to order"? Or are we just building a bow that is a good solid bow? I shoot lefty so I'll have to figure out a universal handle area...

Paul

stuckinthemud:
Hi Paul,
So, the way a trade works is that everyone sends me their details (I haven't asked for them yet) I put everyone's details into a hat and draw a random recipient - each member of the trade doesn't actually know for certain which bow is coming their way until it arrives on their porch....
By all means start roughing out a stave but you don't know how long/strong/which handed it needs to be yet. I also am a lefty - my workaround when building for right-hand is to make an ambidextrous grip

stuckinthemud:
There-s a week left to sign up, I will close sign up when I log-in Monday evening next week, and since I am in the UK, that probably means mid afternoon on Monday 22nd.  Please don't cut it too fine, look at a deadline of midnight Sunday 21st January in whatever time-zone you happen to live in  ;D

Come and play. The more the merrier - 5 months to build a bow  and a really high chance of a few goodies along the way - go-on, you know you want to.

stuckinthemud:
The List so far.

PaulC
Mafort
Aaron1726
Muskyman
Sleek
Walski
Now we know for sure we have enough builders for this to work please PM me your postal address, and bow specs - left hand or right hand, approximate draw weight (this is a novices trade!) and draw length, oh, also, anywhere you will/will not ship to.

sleek:
I know it's predominantly for the newer crowd, but I was considering joining too. I haven't done one in a long time, would that be ok?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version