Main Discussion Area > Bows

Inaugural “junior” bow trade

(1/46) > >>

stuckinthemud:
All right, let’s see how we do, shall we?  A trade for anyone who thinks they don’t have enough experience to enter the main bow trade, currently run by Kidder. 

We want anyone to have a go. The purpose of the trade is to have fun, learn lots and get involved.

Of the bows I own, one of my favourites is a hickory Trade bow built by a junior. Under 18s are welcome but, If you are under 18 I will need to chat with your parents/guardians via email.  If you have less than a year membership on PA we will need to chat via PM or email. I am aware of a few people on PA I’d love to have in the trade who have less than a year so please don’t be shy!

Osage and yew are nice and all but hazel, maple, hickory and all sorts make great bows, even scotch broom.  I’m told a pair of hickory axe handles will make a decent billet bow, so timber shouldn’t prevent you entering.

I propose closing sign up January 21st with the Trade running to early June.  That way you get a month off before the main trade starts  :) ;) :D Post here with “I’m in” and let’s have some fun

mmattockx:
I hope this works out. I'm still too busy with building a garage and finishing up some other house related projects to commit to it, but I plan to make a bow or two in 2024 and this would be great if I can get in on the next one.

Mark

stuckinthemud:
Bump

Mafort:
I’d be up for putting a good bow stave of yew to the best bow built for this trade. Or as an incentive for it.

stuckinthemud:
That is super generous, thank you so much.  I reckon I could add in a box of small hardwood pieces for inlays, overlays or knife-scales or whatever

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version