Main Discussion Area > Arrows

Bamboo

<< < (2/2)

Mossyelk:
Hehe I work at a bamboo nursery.
I'm laughing because I am certain from the longer big dark green leaves and straight shafts it must be Japanese arrow bamboo.
I have some and love it. There are 2 varieties from what I know and the only difference  really is that one grows much taller than the other
I also have access to groves of it if there is interest in trades,I can  collect unworked shafts. The hard thing is the Grove is so established that the culms are fairly large, ideal for atlatls. Will be a challenge  to find proper diameter shafts it's nuts In there super thick

Wolfmanjack:
Hey Mosseyelk, I’m interested in buying a known variety of bamboo for making arrows.  Do you sell this or can you provide a link for the correct type of bamboo for arrow shaft material?

upthecreek:
Be cautious with that stuff. We found it impossible to control and even harder to eradicate. I don't know the type but it is happy to spread here in central Missouri.

mullet:
Mossyelk, I've found that arrow boo that has grown thick is older and makes excellent arrows if you pull it over and cut the upper portion and use it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version