Author Topic: Ever have a poundage gainer  (Read 2107 times)

Offline freke

Re: Ever have a poundage gainer
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2022, 05:45:05 am »
This thread gives hope to all of us accidentally end up underweight :OK

Offline George Tsoukalas

• Traditional and Primitive Archers
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2022, 02:24:21 pm »
There is always an answer. Jawge
Set Happens!
If you ain't breakin' you ain't makin!

Online JW_Halverson

« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2022, 06:15:13 am »
Soy sent me a tiny slip of a bow he had made from an offcut scrap. The back is the transition growthring between sapwood and heartwood and slides back and forth between the two colors. Anyone knowing Thad knows he can be a little meticulous despite how he is low enough on the evolutionary chain that he actually can regrow a lost digit!

The bow is marked 52#@26, but it pulls 58 honest pounds at that draw length. I am sure there is a certain set of conditions that leads to this and that it is not going to happen to every bow. But there is no denying it is happening to some bows.

And yet there are still people that do not believe there is a difference between dried wood and cured wood.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline superdav95

« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2022, 08:18:40 am »
Interesting.  I’ve got a sinew backed bamboo that has gone up from too from 40 lbs to 45lbs.  I just assumed it was the relative humidity in the air that was the cause.  I didn’t think it could be anything else but why not.  It’s wood and natural fibers so it’s got more going on then just moisture content. 
Sticks and stones and other poky stabby things.

superdav95@gmail.com

Offline Selfbowman

« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2022, 08:53:20 am »
I’m convinced it’s moisture or lack of. I like Steve have had the same problem. It’s happened to me while vacationing in a dry climate 6-8 weeks before the flight shoot. That or sap somehow drying. It’s a pain at weigh in at the shoot. Arvin
Well I'll say!!  Osage is king!!