Author Topic: ed scott's bows...  (Read 20702 times)

Offline medicinewheel

ed scott's bows...
« on: May 19, 2008, 05:32:56 am »

don't know whether this is the right spot to put this; moderators feel free to move it wherever!

i saw this little video of bowyer ed scott at work and i REALLY liked what i saw! but the video seems to have vanished from where it was (trad.bowhuters mag. i believe had it on it's video list...)

mr. scott was mentioned here on PA a few times, and maybe one of you fellow bowyers know the man!
my questions are:

has anyone pictures of his bows that could be posted here (with permission of course)?
does anyone know a link to the original video??

mr. scott if you happen to read this: i really think you make beautiful bows!

thanks, frank
Frank from Germany...

Offline NOMADIC PIRATE

Re: ed scott's bows...
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2008, 07:36:36 am »
Frank, hopefully Todd (TRAXX ) will chime in , he knows the Scotts,....... if not try PM him.
NORTH SHORE, HAWAII

Offline NOMADIC PIRATE

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2008, 07:37:50 am »
I'd like to se some of his work too ;) ...hope lots of pictures get posted
NORTH SHORE, HAWAII

Ranger B

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2008, 08:48:46 am »
The first selfbow I owned was an Owl Bow by Ed.   It's a hackberry and I loved it.  I killed a deer with it the first shot of the first hunt I ever went on with a selfbow.  I've seen a lot of his bows and he even has a VCR tape about his bows that he will send if you write him.  Look in PA magazine under "Owl Bows."
Ranger B

Offline medicinewheel

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2008, 04:37:09 pm »
The first selfbow I owned was an Owl Bow by Ed.   It's a hackberry and I loved it.  I killed a deer with it the first shot of the first hunt I ever went on with a selfbow.  I've seen a lot of his bows and he even has a VCR tape about his bows that he will send if you write him.  Look in PA magazine under "Owl Bows."
Ranger B

WOW! thanks ranger!
Frank from Germany...

Offline Susquehannock

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2008, 08:11:51 pm »
I believe there was a feature article about Ed Scott and his bows in the Aug / Sept / Oct '06? issue of PA. I remember this b/c I was reading it on the way out to Colorado to hunt elk that September. You might want to check the archives.

Jason

Ranger B

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2008, 11:53:38 pm »
I've spoken to Ed on the phone.  He's a good man.  I took a trip out west right after I got back from Iraq the first time.  Needed to just get away and unwind.  I saw some of his bows in Canon City, CO and ended up buying the Hackberry.  I called him and he told me that another fellow came out there to get away after Iraq.  Ed took him on a hunt and lent him a bow to use.   The guys said he didn't feel like killing anything really but wanted to get out in the woods.  Ed gave him the bow and told him to just keep it.  Super fellow.
Jimmy

Offline Traxx

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2008, 03:30:33 am »
Ed is a class act and is a testimony and outstanding example of what this site,is all about.Im not a Pic postin kinda guy,but may be able to convince Justin,Ed's son to come on here n post some.I know he has bunches,that he has posted on other sites.

Offline medicinewheel

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2008, 04:07:28 am »
yes it would be great if his son would post some pictures; these bows of Ed are really awesome! and the man came across really nice, too!

« Last Edit: May 20, 2008, 04:40:40 am by medicinewheel »
Frank from Germany...

Offline medicinewheel

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2008, 04:40:52 am »

PS: i've searched the internet quite a bit, also checked the link to the video again, but couldn't find anything about ed scott so far!
Frank from Germany...

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2008, 08:51:05 am »
I remember reading a PA article a few years ago about him helping someone build a mesquite bow.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

pugpen

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2008, 11:05:32 am »
I got to meet Mr. Scott at Cloverdale the last 2 years. He's a very interesting man to talk to. Builds some great bows. If you're going to Cloverale, I think hes supposed to be there again this year.  David

Offline medicinewheel

« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2008, 02:07:26 pm »

pugpen!  -  sounds good! only problem: i'm in germany...  8) 8) 8)
frank
Frank from Germany...

Offline NOMADIC PIRATE

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2008, 07:46:54 pm »
Are we gonna see some pictures or not ?...tap,tap,tap ;D ;D ;D ;D
NORTH SHORE, HAWAII

Offline Traxx

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2008, 10:23:45 pm »
Heres a couple ta get ya started
http :// leatherwall.bowsite .com/TF/lw/thread2.cfm?threadid=167839&category=88#2058402
« Last Edit: May 21, 2008, 12:32:39 pm by Justin Snyder »