Author Topic: How do you store / display your bows?  (Read 4613 times)

Offline Susquehannock

How do you store / display your bows?
« on: May 18, 2008, 11:50:48 pm »
I have been thinking about making a simple yet stylish rack to store my bows, quiver, arrows, on the wall of the garage. Right now they lay against the wall or the workbench and are constantly in the way. I am hoping some of you might post pics of your bow displays so that I can get some ideas and inspiration.

Thanks, Jason

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
Re: How do you store / display your bows?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2008, 12:24:44 am »
I have mine hanging in the Spare Bedroom Closet on the Clothes Rod ....it works great annd keeps them from being set in Corners on the Limbs....which to me is a No-No!!!

[attachment deleted by admin]
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

radius

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2008, 12:28:05 am »
that one in the middle is pretty funky...but i see you like the wide limbs...?????

Offline ricktrojanowski

• Worlds Greatest Deer Repellent
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2008, 07:12:35 am »
I made a simple rack.  A 1x6 by 3' piece of cyprus with 11/32 holed drilled in the center about 6"apart.  Then glued the fletching end of some busted arrows in the holes.  Just hang them on the arras.
Traverse City, MI

Offline NOMADIC PIRATE

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2008, 07:34:28 am »
I hung ropes from the celing, make a knot every 6" and just slid the bows thru, ...I'm sure it makes no sense ;D ::) ;D ::) I'll take pictures tomorrow
« Last Edit: May 19, 2008, 09:39:30 am by NOMADIC PIRATE »
NORTH SHORE, HAWAII

Offline shamus

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2008, 09:18:59 am »
stored horizontally, on a peg rack. I went to the craft store, got these things called "shaker peg racks". Two of them nailed to a board makes a standing peg rack.

Offline Susquehannock

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2008, 12:08:00 pm »
Some nice bows there. Good idea of hanging in the closet if you have the space. Anyone else with some pics?

thanks, Jason

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2008, 12:32:40 pm »
Hey Destructo, what's that one with the spikes down the back? Got any closeups?
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline DanaM

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2008, 01:46:20 pm »
Paul I do believe that is Sturgeon skin backing.
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline cowboy

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2008, 05:40:18 pm »
That's what I was thinking, the skin looked right but have never seen a sturgeon - didn't know they had spikes. Wild lookin thing..
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2008, 10:17:49 pm »
That's what I was thinking, the skin looked right but have never seen a sturgeon - didn't know they had spikes. Wild lookin thing..

Most people don't use the Spikes ....they go for the Softer Belly and lower sides....I like the Spikes....gives it Character too....plus at $75 a whack....you don't waste any of it!!!!!
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline cowboy

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2008, 10:54:04 pm »
Haven't watched star treck in years, but what's his name? Wharf? Looks like what he'd carry around on his planet ;D.

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2008, 11:44:26 pm »
                                                                    A Klingon Targh  Slayer

::)
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline cowboy

« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2008, 11:53:15 pm »
There it is - a Klingon :D. That bow would match his forehead perfectly, hahaha...