Author Topic: Not What I Wanted to Hear  (Read 1036 times)

Offline Buckskinner

Not What I Wanted to Hear
« on: June 17, 2022, 02:23:03 pm »
Just got back from Ortho and review my MRI, tear of rotator cuff so needs surgery.  I have been rehabbing and strengthening my shoulders and feeling a lot better lately and I had even started shooting a 35# hickory bow that I made for recovery.  Bummed and now trying to figure out when to do it.  I really don't want to mess up my summer and fall so thinking late November or early December.  The only risk of that is I might tear it completely, which just means a longer recovery.  He said 6 months for full recovery.

I may have to figure out how to make a crossbow for hunting this fall!

Offline Hawkdancer

Re: Not What I Wanted to Hear
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2022, 07:43:12 pm »
Having had both shoulders repaired, the sooner you get it done, the sooner you can get back to normal!  I don't think a crossbow is practical as they usually are heavy draw.  Good luck, whatever you decide to do! 
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2022, 09:37:35 pm »
That is a bummer.

I was really lucky. I got mine better with just rehab and exercises. It’s been pain free for seven years now. Sure wish I could say the same for my back, neck and knees. But at least I can still shoot my bows.

Good luck Buckskinner.

Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Buckskinner

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2022, 09:23:01 am »
Thanks guys. I've been trying to strengthen my shoulder and do notice a difference, but pain is still there.  Does feel pretty good after harvesting some hickory yesterday, will see how it is after splitting today.

Sucks getting old, but better than alternative...

Offline YosemiteBen

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2022, 12:41:38 am »
six of one, half dozen of the other. My wife's shoulder has never been the same....