Author Topic: Digital only.  (Read 4246 times)

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
Digital only.
« on: May 26, 2022, 01:50:01 pm »
Just got a email from Primitive Archery Magazine. Due to many difficulties of the times. They are going digital only. Emag. No more printed copies.

I understand, but I’m slightly bummed. Just something about the printed copy.

Especially when you write a article they print and they send you ten copies for your mother.

I notice I have a article in the newest issue. Anybody know if it will still be printed version? I was really hoping to give my friend Larry one for his cabin.

I do think it is probably time though. I hope it can add to the quality of the magazine.

They’ve been saying it forever, but the times they are a changing.

Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Buckskinner

Re: Digital only.
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2022, 03:04:36 pm »
That is disappointing.  I just signed up for it a couple weeks ago, in large part because it was a real magazine...

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2022, 05:12:41 pm »
Bummer!!  Big time! I'm a hard copy sort of guy, I like turning pages (lol)!
Hawkdancer

Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline mmattockx

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2022, 10:06:01 pm »
I agree that there is something special about having paper in your hand for reading, but it is how the world is going.

If you want to hand out hard copy, print the pdf version they send you and hand that around.

Mark

Offline BrianS

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2022, 08:29:27 am »
I spent 34 years working in the printing industry. Ink on paper sadly is dead. Hope the change helps PA survive but I will miss the printed copy

Offline PaulN/KS

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2022, 09:39:04 am »
I don't have a smart phone and it's hard to read in bed on a computer,(for me at least..).
Guess Egon was right, "Print is dead."

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2022, 06:34:00 pm »
Yep, very sad, I don't do e mag so guess I will have to get my stories live.  :(
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline mmattockx

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2022, 07:09:54 pm »
I don't have a smart phone and it's hard to read in bed on a computer,(for me at least..).
Guess Egon was right, "Print is dead."

If you're willing to buy one, one of the e-paper readers like Kindle work much better than anything with a backlit screen.

Mark

Offline JEB

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2022, 08:13:47 am »
I want what I already  paid for, a magazine. When my subscription is done I am done with PA.

Offline Outbackbob48

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2022, 09:51:07 am »
Jeb, X2. Bob

Offline Buckskinner

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2022, 11:14:03 am »
My cancellation is being processed, very disappointed.  It was going to be my first periodically in a long time other than Outdoor News, but I have no interest in an E-Mag.  On the dimmish bright side, I would think that the price will come down substantially since not in print anymore for those who like the E-Mag.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2022, 11:39:42 am »
I didn’t call anyone.

Is this issue going to be print yet?

I really was hoping to give my Sugar Shack article in print to Larry the man I made the bow for.

Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Don W

• diy.timetestedtools.net/
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2022, 07:44:20 am »
Sadly I will not renew if digital only either. I hate reading on any type of computer. I make a living that way, don't want my hobbies the same!
Don

Offline YosemiteBen

« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2022, 12:31:54 am »
so sad  do not get a lot of opportunity and it is difficult for me to read digital. Watch Paper is not dead on Youtube.

CraigC

« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2022, 01:53:59 pm »
I work in IT and I do it from home. I sit and stare at this friggin' screen all day. When I read magazines like Primitive Archer, I'm sitting outside, smoking a cigar and drinking coffee. I not only subscribed for several years but bought the whole set of backissues. I just got the letter that the magazine is going digital only. I now have no use for it and will cancel my subscription. It's a funny thing, none of my other dozen or so magazines have had these issues. I'd rather pay more for it than go digital.