Author Topic: Life on the Farm  (Read 156779 times)

Offline YosemiteBen

Re: Life on the Farm
« Reply #1230 on: September 01, 2024, 02:29:05 am »
Beautiful ALL BJ!

Online bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #1231 on: September 14, 2024, 12:55:24 pm »
Thanks Ben. I’m thinking we both work in some really beautiful places.

We did start harvesting edible beans.

Started Pinto beans Tuesday. We were hoping to get them done that day so we we could clean combines out in morning when the dew is still on and we can’t combine. I was working at getting everything ready for planting wheat. The rest of the crew worked at the Pinto beans. Just when it looked like we might get done one of the combines had a breakdown and it was a big job cleaning the plugged up combine out so we could fix it. We worked at it till we got it clear. Than headed home. Long day tired and very dirty.

Next morning I took a load of Pinto beans to Star of the West. It was a pretty morning and they were pretty beans.

Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Online bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #1232 on: September 14, 2024, 01:43:02 pm »
Wednesday we finished Pinto bean with the one combine and finished fixing the other one and cleaned it out for black beans.

By the middle of the afternoon we had both combines in blacks beans.

Online bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #1233 on: September 14, 2024, 01:46:56 pm »
Yesterday we finished the first black beans we planted. The rest aren’t quite ready yet. Probably middle of next week. Have some for neighbors in between.

Yesterday my sister brought her granddaughter over for her first combine ride. She was totally into the whole experience. So fun to watch.

Bjrogg

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #1234 on: September 14, 2024, 06:20:35 pm »
Living the good life, ey Brian?  Cute little girl handling the combine.  :OK
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline chamookman

« Reply #1235 on: September 15, 2024, 04:58:44 am »
Glad to see this post - was thinking about You a day or two ago. Sounds like things are doing OK. Hope all goes well the rest of the Harvest! I'm ready for some Deer Hunting.  (=) Bob.
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Online bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #1236 on: September 15, 2024, 10:18:58 am »
I don’t have any complaints Pat. Things aren’t always perfect but I love living here and enjoy my job most of the time. I don’t dwell on things I don’t like. Taking my kids, nieces, nephews and now grandkids and grand nieces and nephews for their first tractor or combine rides sure are on the things I like list. I have a small cooler for my lunchbox. I have carried it for many years. Whenever I give little ones a a combine ride, I sit my cooler on the floor so they can use it for a seat. I was just thinking about how many combines and how many little butts have used my old lunchbox. It’s been a couple generations.

Things are going good so far Bob. I was thinking of you too. We were harvesting the field by our beach. I tried to get some pictures of the lake in the background but it was very dusty and hard to see.

I will see if I can find some

Yesterday I harvested a good neighbor friends black beans. Then in the evening I went to our county park for their “Halloween in September night”. The kids were all done trick or treating by the time I got there, but they had a nice campfire going. Was a very relaxing evening

Bjrogg

Online bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #1237 on: September 15, 2024, 10:28:12 am »
Here’s one for Bob. Hope you can see the lake in the background

Bjrogg

Offline chamookman

« Reply #1238 on: Today at 05:16:05 am »
Nice - Thanks BJ !  (=) (=) Bob.
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.