Author Topic: BBB glued up!  (Read 6291 times)

Offline recurve shooter

Re: BBB glued up!
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2008, 10:40:11 pm »
sweet. ;D
lets just shoot it

Offline Apex Predator

« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2008, 11:43:16 am »
I am finishing this one up.  She was quite challenging to tiller, but I have hit it pretty well.  She is 46@27 and still retains 3" of reflex after relaxing.  She has a hint of a hinge on the bottom limb, but I decided to leave her be.  I have stained the whole bow and I regret it.  She was really beautiful left in the "white".  I attempted to stain just the raw boo on the back, and got a little careless.  I will post some near complete photos tomorrow.
"I didn't claw my way to the top of the food chain to eat vegetables!"

Offline Apex Predator

« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2008, 10:32:52 am »
This one is about done.  I still have to stitch up a black leather grip and string her up!  Couldn't help but take a few photos this morning.  Initially I felt bad about staining it, but it has grown on me since.

radius

« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2008, 11:46:02 am »
man, i really like that red colour...what's the brand and name of the stain?

for action bamboo, do you just buy a sheet of vertical grain bamboo flooring?  Here I can get 1/4 inch thick sheets of that stuff...is it awesome?  should I buy some, do you think?

and for your next bow, will you put the power lam between the backing and the core?  Check out wytetale's r/d buildalong from a couple weeks ago...he gets into it...

Offline david w.

« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2008, 11:49:18 am »
dang thats a sweet bow! :) :)  i bet its a good shooter
These pretzels are making me thirsty.

if it dont go fast...chrome it - El Destructo

Offline Apex Predator

« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2008, 12:22:41 pm »
The action boo I used is sold in 1/4" thick 72"X2" planks by rudderbows.  I think it's bamboo flooring that they cut up, but I'm not sure.  These were parrallel pieces that I tapered myself, but I have used the pre-tapered pieces also.  I have been using Tandy leather stain.  Chocolate with red wiped over.  I like it!

grantmac

« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2008, 01:18:55 pm »
man, i really like that red colour...what's the brand and name of the stain?

for action bamboo, do you just buy a sheet of vertical grain bamboo flooring?  Here I can get 1/4 inch thick sheets of that stuff...is it awesome?  should I buy some, do you think?

and for your next bow, will you put the power lam between the backing and the core?  Check out wytetale's r/d buildalong from a couple weeks ago...he gets into it...

Radius where did you find that action boo? Not a whole lot of people seem to have it around here.
        Cheers,
               Grant

P.S. Have not been near the airport lately but your hickory is set aside along with a wider piece I ripped the other day.