Main Discussion Area > Horn Bows

Horn bow???

<< < (3/8) > >>

chasonhayes:
What's a siyah?

bownarra:

--- Quote from: chasonhayes on January 03, 2022, 04:43:33 pm ---What's a siyah?
[/quoteIt is a name that is used for the stiff non-bending part of the limb.
--- End quote ---

superdav95:
It’s been cold here!  Haven’t had chance to give this bow a real test yet but did manage to put a couple coats of epifanes spar finish on and it’s dry now.  I’m gonna redo the finish though I hate it.  Well I don’t hate it but I don’t like it either!  I’ve seen some nice sunburst type finish’s that I’d like to try on this one using feibings leather dye.  I took some measurements of the bow.  Ntn- 52.5”.  Ttt-53.5”.  Limbs at widest part 1.5” tapering starts about half way out to the tips which are 1/2” wide.  The brace height at mid limb is about 6.5”.   Siyahs approx 6.5” long x 1” wide x just over 3/16” thick at the tips.  I haven’t wrapped the splices yet as I’m wanting to redo the stain.  I did some more shooting and got a couple reading on my chrono before battery died.  Readings ranged from 168-174 FPS with a 360 grain arrow.  My best guess at this point is that I’m drawing to around 22-23” at the most.  If I figure roughly losing 2-3lbs per inch of draw reduction and the bow tillered out to approx 48lbs at 28” then I estimate I was shooting at a draw weight around 35-38lbs which isn’t bad I’d say.   I’m optimistic that once I get the stain done and siyahs wrapped and get out to full draw I’ll see some encouraging numbers.  Anyways. Here are some pics. 

superdav95:
Some more pics…

BowEd:
It's been below 0 F. here too.So much for global warming again in this area anyway.
Dean Torges method and style of a sunburst pattern has been a go to by many.Black/red/tan/yellow fadings to and fro.Starting with lightest color overall.Then the next darkest overall fading at stopping point.Then the next darkest fading overall at stopping point and so on.http://www.primitivearcher.com/smf/index.php/topic,60623.0.html
Should look very nice.
You don't want to change your mind then though....ha ha.It ought to make a stunning looking bow.
After getting those wraps on and shooting it in to your full draw of course.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version