Author Topic: My world is crashing  (Read 3845 times)

Offline rps3

Re: My world is crashing
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2021, 12:00:22 pm »
Thoughts and prayers sent.

Offline Deerhunter21

• What do you despise? By this are you truly known.
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2021, 12:02:07 pm »
Im really sorry to hear that Meso. We'll be praying for you and your family.
Life before death. Strength before weakness. Journey before destination.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2021, 12:49:06 pm »
I haven't signed on or been around here in a long time. I saw your post and had to sign on.

I went through an identical situation, 99% identical. I can only give you a few thoughts that may help. Firstly, stay focused on the present and don't look ahead too far as it will only drag you down and worry you more. Enjoy every single day. Secondly, be the "rock". No matter what happens or what your mind is telling you, never, ever flinch in front of your bride. Keep your chin up for her to see every day. It will help.

Stay strong, both of you
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline AndrewS

« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2021, 05:16:49 pm »
I wish you and your wife that you have the force you need at all times...

« Last Edit: November 11, 2021, 05:39:36 pm by AndrewS »

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2021, 06:01:48 pm »
Prayers for her and your family, can't even imagine what you are going through. :(
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Mesophilic

« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2021, 10:02:17 pm »
Thanks guys, I appreciate the kind words and support more than I can express.

Got back from the hospital in Albuquerque a little bit ago.  Doc says stage 4 breast cancer metastasis in the liver.  No surgery and no cure.

Next step is a biopsy and a bone scan.

Doc seems optimistic though that this can be managed with medicine and monitoring.  Definitely not talking terminal right now, she  said it's more complicated with the breast cancer metastasis than other cancers and they can't say how many years, but we don't have to worry about end of life plans for now.  Told us about patients she has that have done real well.

What she didn't say was how many didn't make it.  I've been around the block and I know how ths ends.  Statistics even show that we have a 28 to 29% chance of making it five years.  I know this will kill my wife...but it also means there's a chance of being on of the 28 to 29% of women who do stick around longer.

But I'm keeping the above to myself and letting my wife be happy with this small victory.

I tell you, guys, that small things never meant so much to me as they do right now.  Sunrises and sunset are more beautiful than they've ever been and time with my family has never meant as much as it does now. 

I left the Marines but the Marines never left me in alot of ways...I will be that rock, Pearl !!!
Trying is the first step to failure
-Homer Simpson-

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2021, 09:01:26 am »
You being her rock will will make all the difference in the world, I stepped up to the plate as well 24-7.

Offline WhistlingBadger

• Future Expert
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2021, 12:14:50 pm »
I will keep you in my prayers, and share your plight with my family--they'll get it.  Courage.  Thomas
Thomas
Lander, Wyoming
"The trail is the thing, not the end of the trail.
Travel too fast, and you miss all you are traveling for."
~Louis L'Amour

Offline YosemiteBen

« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2021, 02:38:30 pm »
Cancer in any form is a mean nasty animal. I have lost many family and friends to it, young and old. Many prayers for you and yours during this time. If you need anything, let me know. even if it is just to talk. 209-628-0964. I may be at work, so text first.
Ben

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2021, 04:08:02 pm »
Can't add much that hasn't already been said!  Be the rock for her - we will be here to lend support to you.  each prays in his/her own way, we will send smoke and song(Champion's Spirit)!
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline Mesophilic

« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2021, 09:36:26 pm »
Thanks again for the support. 

We broke the news to my daughter (10 years old) and we'll probably be looking in to some counseling for her.

She was standoff-ish and looked like she was about to break down, she didn't want to talk about it or ask any questions, just wanted to end the conversation.  She has deep scars from the initial breast cancer treatments and chemotherapy. 
-Homer Simpson-

Offline Morgan

« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2021, 10:23:06 pm »
Brother I’m sorry that your family is going through this. I have sat here and thought for quite a while and cannot find the words. Make the most of every second you guys have.

Offline Gimlis Ghost

« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2021, 12:42:40 am »
My nephew was given six months at best before complete liver failure, but his doctor was a real go getter and not one to give up. My nephew's condition improved and he survived for over five years due to the treatments his doctor developed and was in fairly good condition right up to the very end.
The doctor put it down to his praying for my nephew before each treatment, perhaps it helped.

In hospice while sleeping his sister heard him talking to someone. He was talking to my mother who had died of extreme old age two years earlier. Perhaps she was welcoming him to his new home.

I'd offered to donate half my liver if it would match. A half liver transplant from a close genetic match relative will regenerate into a complete liver. Unfortunately the surrounding tissue and blood vessels were to far gone to consider it and at my age it would be too risky.
You should keep that in mind if she has younger siblings that are willing.

Offline Mesophilic

« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2021, 01:14:25 am »
Gimli, my sis-in-law would donate in a heart beat.

But the oncologist said that they don't operate for breast cancer metastasis.  My understanding is that the way it spreads,  they have a greater chance of freeing up cells to spread if they operate, and there's just too many possible cells already spread through her body to find in any scans.

So instead they treat it medically.  We know from her previous breast cancer that it was estrogen positive, so feeds on estrogen.  Cut off the ability for the cancer to get estrogen and it should die.  After the liver biopsy on Monday they will test the sample and see what medications will be the best.  Hoping and praying they get it right, and that her cancer responds well.  Liver function is still good and no blockages, so if she responds well and the tumor shrinks with medication then we might get to skip chemotherapy.

Alot of "ifs" so the prayers and good vibes are very welcome and appreciated.   
-Homer Simpson-

Offline Mesophilic

« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2021, 01:21:11 am »
Brother I’m sorry that your family is going through this. I have sat here and thought for quite a while and cannot find the words. Make the most of every second you guys have.

I haven't been able to respond to everyone individually, and it would probably make this thread too chaotic. 

But thank you, guys, everyone.  I can't express enough my gratitude for the support from all of my online tribe.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2021, 01:25:18 am by Mesophilic »
-Homer Simpson-