Author Topic: Self bow hunt video  (Read 978 times)

Offline BrianS

Self bow hunt video
« on: October 04, 2021, 05:16:53 pm »
Hello Everybody,
Just got home from a early season bow hunt with a selfbow made by Hole in the Bow Chuck. I had dreams of self filming the hunt and making a video. Well Mother Nature had other plans and my hunt did not go off like I had dreamed it would. Here is the video.
Take care,
brian
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cx7_Tz-3-yk

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Self bow hunt video
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2021, 09:07:55 am »
Thanks Brian, enjoyed that . Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline BrianS

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2021, 08:44:27 am »
Thank You Pappy.
I have plans to try again on the self bow ground hunt video in the next few days. I am going back to the spot where I almost sealed the deal on a doe last year on the ground. Weather is very warm but no rain (I hope). Too early for any rut activity so I am hoping that a young doe or young buck gives me a shot. I am a dreamer and realize that my chances are pretty slim for me taking a large buck in this matter using the gear I showed in the video.
Also in the works is another primitive hunt video with a friend of mine. He will do the hunting and I will attempt to video. He is a much better hunter than I am and the area he hunts is good, so I am hopeful that the video will have some action.
Not sure why at my age I do not take a easier way but like I said I guess I am a bit of a dreamer. Later in the season I will probably change tactics to put some venison in the freezer but for now I will keep dreaming.
Take care,
brian

Offline BrianS

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2021, 08:54:02 pm »
The hunt with my friend Dino got moved up. We are headed out in the am tomorrow to hunt a place he calls bone creek. The Plan is for Dino to hunt while I video the hunt. Part of the hunt will included some canoeing so that should be cool. Weather is very warm so I am not sure if the deer will show up but I am very much looking forward to it. I hope to get enough video clips to put together another self bow hunt video. Who knows maybe Dino will get a deer. After tomorrow's morning hunt I hope to be headed out for a couple of days of hunting / fishing at my camp. Best time of the year!
Have a good weekend everybody.
brian