Author Topic: My old locust bow...RIP  (Read 13278 times)

gutpile

Re: My old locust bow...RIP
« Reply #90 on: August 02, 2021, 04:36:54 pm »
sorry to hear that Pat. I kinda figured that would happen.. didn't quite understand the reason to sinew the back when the belly failed.. putting more stress on the belly.. but sometimes you just gotta try.. she was really looking good too.. gut

Offline PeteC

« Reply #91 on: August 02, 2021, 06:13:33 pm »
Sorry to hear about your project Pat. I have only saved one bow with frets in it,and that by reducing the weight considerably. I admire your "stick with it" though.  The other bows that developed frets have been long since tossed into the burn pile. God Bless
What you believe determines how you behave., Pete Clayton, Whitehouse ,Texas

Offline RandyN

« Reply #92 on: August 02, 2021, 08:24:15 pm »
Pat,, Sorry to hear about your BL bow. I plan on trying to bring my first osage bow back to life using sinew. Until then, there is always another  bow project.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #93 on: August 02, 2021, 11:08:37 pm »
Thanks guys. I normally wouldn't try this on an old bow but something about this bow drew me to try. Live and learn.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Yooper Bowyer

• formerly Tradcraftsman
« Reply #94 on: August 03, 2021, 12:00:01 pm »
I wonder if adding belly lams would fix it?  But this bow deserves retirement. :)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #95 on: August 03, 2021, 12:36:54 pm »
Adding a belly lam would fix it, I've done that a few times successfully but like you said, she deserves retirement.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC