Author Topic: Da Yooper...aka Dana Montgomery  (Read 1802 times)

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
Da Yooper...aka Dana Montgomery
« on: July 09, 2021, 03:47:51 pm »
I just thought you all would want to know...Dana has been fighting Pulmonary Lung Disease since this so-called Covid-19 Pandemic began....wearing a mask 12 hours a day for 18 months with his condition before...did him in...He quit work when they put him on 24 hour oxygen... by then it was too late...his Blood/Oxygen  Levels tanked the other day...and before they  could fly him to Mayo Clinic in Minnesota...he had a stroke...then a heart attack...he was put in an induced coma to give his lungs a  chance to heal...but they did a CT today and found that half of his heart had died from the attack...the Family has decided to have him brought out of his coma to spend what time he has left here making peace with the situation and saying his goodbyes to family...so if you all  could...please pray for his Wife Barb...son Kyle and daughter Samantha... they will need all the strength  they can get... thank you.
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Stoker

Re: Da Yooper...aka Dana Montgomery
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2021, 03:56:44 pm »
Sad news. Prayers sent
Thanks Leroy
Bacon is food DUCT tape - Cipriano

Offline YosemiteBen

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2021, 05:23:06 pm »
prayers sent!

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2021, 05:48:55 pm »
Thanks for the information about Dana, Mike. He and his family will be in our thoughts.

It's been a while since we've seen your handle here. Hope all is well with you.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2021, 09:43:46 pm »
It's been a while Pat...I'm back in Upper Michigan now... moved home 3 years ago when I retired... things are going good...
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2021, 09:57:42 pm »
Dana is gone... he fought a long and hard battle... now he'll be bending wood and fishing Crappie in Heaven
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2021, 11:59:17 pm »
RIP
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2021, 08:00:06 am »
Very sad 😞, I thought a lot of him, prayers sent . I talked to him a few months back and he seemed to be doing OK At least he said he was . Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2021, 08:47:41 am »
I met Dana at Twin Oaks years ago, I had just started making gizmos and handed him one to take home with him. He reached into his quiver and gave me one of his beautiful cane arrows and said "I want you to have this". Years later his arrow still has a special place in my arrow collection.

Offline PaulN/KS

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2021, 10:10:57 am »
Sad news to read. My condolences to his family and friends.
May he Rest in Peace

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2021, 07:31:54 pm »
I just got through posting this Mike then saw that you did. So sad, RIP, Dana.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2021, 10:44:29 am »
Pappy... he was doing good... but then he wasn't... it cane on fast... he started having breathing issues at work due to having to wear a mask all day... he got severe respiratory problems from them and had to quit work... then it progressed rapidly to the point where his lungs couldn't absorb oxygen any longer... he literal went from being able to do anything he wanted...to being tied to an oxygen machine 24/7 in 2 months time... it was sad to watch...I thought maybe some here would want to leave a note to the family about their personal memories of Dana...I know that his wife Barb and kids would really like to hear them

https://www.crawfordfuneralhomes.net/obituaries/Dana-A-Montgomery?obId=21677422#/obituaryInfo
« Last Edit: July 13, 2021, 10:49:26 am by El Destructo »
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline JEB

« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2021, 10:51:52 am »
Will offer noon mass for Dana and his family.

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2021, 12:39:08 pm »
Thank You JEB...
2024...We Will Overcome