Author Topic: Good Bye Primitive Archer  (Read 5874 times)

Offline burchett.donald

Re: Good Bye Primitive Archer
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2021, 03:41:17 pm »
 Hate to see you leave Clint, hope you will reconsider for your friends and for the good of PA...

Don
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;

Offline rps3

« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2021, 10:46:06 am »
I dont know the issue you have with someone, but I will miss your posts. I learned how to do a European mount from you, followed along with your camper and forge builds, as well as many other threads too numerous to mention.
There will always be people like that...dont let them win. Keep sharing on this sight with us all.

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2021, 09:55:20 pm »
I'm still here every once and a while...I left for some of the same reasons that Clint(Osage Outlaw) is talking about... got tired of the comments and messages... so I just bounced... but I sneak in every now and then to see what's going on.
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Gimlis Ghost

« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2021, 03:14:42 am »
Perhaps an "ignore this user" function would help, or just ignore their posts altogether.

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2021, 07:39:43 am »
There is one person in particular I find toxic on here and I just avoid posting on any of his threads and I avoid commenting on anything he says in other threads. 

Perhaps what we as mods should do is pay better attention when someone in being an ass on a thread not their own and warn them then ban them if they don't stop, members could help this along by complaining when anyone starts doing this

Perhaps Clint you could start by pointing out this individual and then direct us to the threads where this person was being an ass, in a PM of course.
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline HH~

« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2021, 10:41:16 pm »
Banning is a real diplomatic function of say FB, Twitterverse, Canada maybe, etc. i would say look you lose some ya gain some. El Destructo is back.

Banning is a great way to lose paper subscriptions as well. I dont think a Website suicide thread is hardly a matter of great concern.

“ I’ll quit unless you ban some one” is a great bidness strategy. Think thats exactly why Twitterverse and FB are spending millions  in USD in legal fees.

Just use the ignore feature. Works wonderful, like a black fly around a thermacel.

Shawn~

Shawn~
MAFA: Makin America Free Again

Long is the road, Hard is the way.

Mother Gue never raised such a foolish child. . . .

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline Yooper Bowyer

• formerly Tradcraftsman
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2021, 12:44:39 pm »
Perhaps an "ignore this user" function would help, or just ignore their posts altogether.

+1

I think there is a difference between an obnoxious commenter and the kind of outright disinformation/disrespect/troll trouble that we saw from Tom Dunnley, particularly if the commenter clearly has practical experience in the matter.

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2021, 01:54:17 pm »
Unfortunately there is no ignore function on this board and so far as I know it not an option

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline Yooper Bowyer

• formerly Tradcraftsman
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2021, 02:05:20 pm »
I could have swore I saw it the other day, maybe not...

Offline willie

« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2021, 02:11:17 pm »
go to your profile, modify profile, buddies/ignore list   and add a user you wish to ignore.

I have two members there. It helps, but it is my opinion that the admins could be a bit more proactive about banning or temporarily suspending for the sake of a more friendly community.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2021, 02:26:38 pm by willie »

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2021, 02:33:50 pm »
go to your profile, modify profile, buddies/ignore list   and add a user you wish to ignore.

All that will do is stop them from sending you a PM

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline willie

« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2021, 03:54:54 pm »
As a normal user. I see this when I add a name. Maybe your registration is different . There was something I remember about available features that had something to do with how long ago your account was registered.

Offline Yooper Bowyer

• formerly Tradcraftsman
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2021, 06:08:53 pm »

I have two members there. It helps, but it is my opinion that the admins could be a bit more proactive about banning or temporarily suspending for the sake of a more friendly community.

On the other hand you can't do that to a person face to face, but then of course people are more accountable that way.

Offline boomhowzer

« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2021, 09:31:30 pm »
The Legend of The Osage Outlaw will live on.

Last fall I bought my very first osage orange stave. It was a craigslist ad in Twin Lake, MI. Still the only ad I've ever seen selling staves. I can't remember the fella's name, but he showed me some really nice bows he'd made over the years. They were beautiful, delicate things. All of the grips were nice leather and all of the nocks came to a slender point that I still am not able to replicate. He sold me five osage staves for a good price. I asked him where he got the staves and he told me they came from a guy who calls himself "The Osage Outlaw." The mystic bow sage from the foggy mountains of Indiana. As the legend would have it, he was the proprietor of an 80 acre osage forest where all of the finest bows and arrows came from, and now I was the owner of one of his magical staves.

One of the five staves became my first shooter. It was beautiful, it had a jute handle and all of the arrows it shot went directly into the bull's eye. It eventually broke, but my love for bows and arrows remained. I still have 4 of his magical staves to whittle down. I hope the bows I make from them will live up to the legend from which they came.

Goodbye Osage Outlaw, and remember, when all of our handles and passwords have been erased by the great admin in the sky, our sticks and stones and bits of metal and bone will be here to remember us by, not the words that hurt us, or the bones that weren't supposed to break..
Bellaire, MI

Offline HH~

« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2021, 09:40:51 pm »
Nice Eulogy Boom. Very fitting. Outlaw on the PA  7/17/21 0648

Shawn~
« Last Edit: July 17, 2021, 08:47:24 am by HH~ »
MAFA: Makin America Free Again

Long is the road, Hard is the way.

Mother Gue never raised such a foolish child. . . .

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW