Author Topic: Incredible sandpaper  (Read 1362 times)

Offline JW_Halverson

Incredible sandpaper
« on: June 30, 2021, 12:49:16 pm »
I have been using Norton 3X ProSand sandpaper for several years now and I am super impressed. I get it through Lee Valley Tools when it goes on sale because normally it ain't cheap!  This stuff is supposed to last 3x longer than others, but when I compare it to the stuff I get at the local hardware store I would have to say it lasts 5 times longer or better!

It just went on sale again at Lee Valley Tools in a set of 80 sheets, 20 sheets each of 80, 120, 180, and 220 grit for under $40. The kicker is that if you order more than $30 you get free shipping during this sale.

Trust me on this, you will NOT regret this splurge. I use most of my sandpaper on a quarter sheet palm sander, and a quarter sheet will hold up for three or four bows! I put my sandpaper sheets in one of those expanding file folders with a pocket for each grit. When I switch down to a finer grit, I just pop the used quarter sheet back in the appropriate pocket for the next time I need it.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Yooper Bowyer

• formerly Tradcraftsman
Re: Incredible sandpaper
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2021, 01:27:25 pm »
Norton was not one of the listed brands in the sanding section, and I saw nothing about sales.  I did see the shipping deal though.

Never mind, I found it with the search bar.

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2021, 03:51:45 pm »
I am always running out of sand paper and use the good stuff as well, I think I pay $7 for 3 or 4 sheets at Lowes. I just ordered a life time supply from Lee Valley, thanks for the heads up.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2021, 07:18:56 pm »
Thanks, John, I just ordered some too.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2021, 09:23:13 pm »
I've also been using Norton for a long time, it's good.  I also got some German made sandpaper from a company in southern Ontario many years ago that was quite good as well.
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline TimBo

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2021, 12:31:39 pm »
Thanks for the tip - I just ordered a pack.

Offline dylanholderman

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2021, 02:25:13 pm »
Thanks I just went and ordered some along with a couple of the Japanese files they had.

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2021, 11:44:15 pm »
Placed order.
Thanks JW
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857