Author Topic: Need guidance on bowstring length  (Read 2745 times)

Offline michealspencer

Need guidance on bowstring length
« on: June 06, 2021, 05:21:19 am »
How to choose the perfect cabinet for your kitchen

Finding the right cabinet for your kitchen is probably the most important thing that you must do when building your dream cooking corner. In this post, we’ll be showing you what to take into consideration when it comes to picking your kitchen cabinets.

Read More: TheKingLive

Material

There are three common materials that are used for constructing kitchen cabinets: particleboard, MDP board, and plywood board, with the latter usually being more expensive than the others.

Particleboard – this is the cheapest and lightest material out of the three, but it’s also the least sturdy and durable. Even with the best of products, the compressed wood chips and resin will not handle any water well, so they might not be the best choice for premium kitchen setups.

MDF board – while MDF boards are more solid and durable compared to particleboards, they are still vulnerable to water and humid conditions. So if you’re living in a tropical area, these will not be the best choice.

Plywood board – these boards are made from solid wood and veneer topping that is compressed on each other. Hence, they’ll be the strongest and most durable. However, they’ll be a lot more expensive compared to those that are made from particleboards.

See Also: TOP-Rated Products from TheKingLive.com

Fully assembled or RTA

The next thing you’ll need to decide is whether you want to go for the fully assembled or RTA (ready to assemble) ones. If you know a little bit about carpentry, then the RTA ones will be a good choice. You’ll have your chance to exercise a little bit and also save a little money.

On the other hand, those who don’t know much about the assembling stuff will find it more convenient to get their cabinets assembled and ready to install.

Finding the right colors

When it comes to kitchen cabinets, you’ll often see them being colored in white, or other light colors in general, since they’ll blend well in different environments. However, you’ll still need to consider the surrounding area first before getting the right colors for your cabinets, since white will not always work. Plus, white isn’t the most cleaning-friendly color. So if that’s your priority, you should go for other colors.

Cabinet doors

There are two different design of doors that you’ll often see on most kitchen cabinets, which are the full overlay and traditional overlay doors.

With full overlay doors, the door will cover almost the surface of the cabinet, leaving small spaces on the edges. Therefore, you won’t be able to slide your fingers in and open it once the cabinets are fully installed. So, it’s necessary to invest in handles.

On the other hand, the traditional overlay design comes with receded edges that are only enough to cover the inside of your cabinet. This design will allow you to easily slide your finger in and open the doors without having handles installed.

Picked For You: TOP product evaluated on TheKingLive.com

Cabinet drawers

And last but not least, you need to consider the cabinet drawers. Now, your products don’t have to be the top reviewed ones from Amazon Prime, but they’ll need to have the drawers constructed from solid wood. This will allow the hardware to be firmly installed on your drawer, and it’ll function perfectly without fail.

On top of that, I always advise my friends to go for those with dovetail joints on the front side of the drawer. This will provide a clean finish as well as keep your drawer more secured compared to screw-in designs.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2024, 06:28:19 am by michealspencer »

Offline Badger

Re: Need guidance on bowstring length
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2021, 01:01:06 pm »
  The string should be 2 1/2 to 3" shorter than the bow. For a double loop string I cut the strings 20" longer than the finished string

Offline Woody roberts

Re: Need guidance on bowstring length
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2021, 06:35:20 pm »
I also cut my strings 20” longer than the bow. I put a loop on the top but tie a bowyers knot on the bottom. This lets me adjust brace height as needed plus my string never falls off when in storage.
Generally I will trim the end of the string once everything is set but still leaving me a 6” tail to work with later if need be.