Author Topic: Tilering advice  (Read 1555 times)

Offline freke

Tilering advice
« on: March 15, 2021, 12:48:51 pm »
Hi,  I have not build much recently and feel little rusty when it comes to it, - nothing seems go in right direction first and did I cut with the hatchet a splinter diagonal =grain do not goes straight at all as and It was really twisted and wonky but the twist is taken out by steam and heat and the string line up perfect but each limb has some propeller twist (visible on picture).
Hazel pyramid, 66,5", intended weight 45-50# at draw length a tad over 28", It has not been strung more than 4" so far and not drawn to full draw, still has 2" reflex.
Please, any comments and suggestion regarding tiler is welcomed :D?
Tanks Jonas

Offline PaSteve

Re: Tilering advice
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2021, 06:39:58 pm »
Your picture appears to be distorted so it's hard to make an accurate assessment.
"It seems so much more obvious with bows than with other matters, that we are the guardians of the prize we seek." Dean Torges

Offline Deerhunter21

• What do you despise? By this are you truly known.
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2021, 06:41:55 pm »
if you click the link under the picture you can see the picture undistorted
Life before death. Strength before weakness. Journey before destination.

Offline TimBo

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2021, 07:21:56 pm »
Thanks Russell - that helped!  Tiller looks pretty good to me - you will get more comments if you add an unbraced photo, and also one of the front profile.  Might as well throw in a braced one too.  This could be an optical illusion caused by the propeller twist, but the top limb seems a bit flat mid-limb to me, based on that photo. 

Offline NonBacked

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2021, 07:49:37 pm »
Tiller looks good. Pull it to full draw and shoot it.

Offline PaSteve

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2021, 08:18:23 pm »
That's much better. Also, thanks Russell, I have to remember that. Like mentioned above , more pictures helps the evaluation.  To answer your question.... tiller looks pretty good to me. Put some arrows through it and reevaluate.
"It seems so much more obvious with bows than with other matters, that we are the guardians of the prize we seek." Dean Torges

bownarra

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2021, 03:23:48 am »
Both limbs are bending too much near to the handle. Upper is worse.
Try to increase the bend from mid limb outwards.
What is the front profile though? This info is critical to tiller assesments. Unstrung will really help too :)

Offline freke

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2021, 06:44:45 am »
Thanks for the replies, I have taken some pictures strung ( string hight nearly full), unstrung and front profile.

bownarra

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2021, 03:23:23 am »
Just a few scrapes on the upper limb mid to oute and don't touch the inner limbr, lower limb just needs a shade off from mid to outer.
Watch the set from here on.