Author Topic: Handy Hand Tool video  (Read 1514 times)

Offline BrianS

Handy Hand Tool video
« on: February 13, 2021, 02:46:51 pm »
Hello Everyone,
I just finished up this video class for the Backwoods University series. It is intended for folks just starting out and explains a few basic hand tools for working with wood. Tools that may be handy at a cabin, home or homestead. No way you could ever cover everything in one short video, it is just lets people know there are non powered options out there.
Take care,
brian
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXdc_Re1r3U

Offline BrianS

Re: Handy Hand Tool video
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2021, 03:53:04 pm »
After I was all done, I thought of several other tools I should have mentioned. Wedges, shaving horse, machettes, squares, rulers and bunch of other stuff. Maybe I will put together a follow up video one of these days.
Take care,
brian

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2021, 04:27:42 pm »
 Thanks for sharing,Love your shop and all the old tools, Love old tools, just ask Miss Joanie ;) :) :) I have most of them although I don't use them much I make sure they are functional and I know how to use them, just in case. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline BrianS

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2021, 05:10:20 pm »
Pappy,
Sometimes I get carried away with things. Not sure if my Wife really knows what I have anymore. My Grandson is probably the only person that knows what is stashed away (except for a few surprises he will get when I am gone). Example: I currently have over 50 axes (I think). Some are at the cabin, a few in the truck and the rest in my tool shed or workshop. Why do I have so many? I will never use all of them in 10 lifetimes. I just can't pass them up when I find one at a garage / barn sale or a flea market. Clean them up, sharpen and put on a new handle if needed. I just hate to see them neglected and forgotten. On occasion I will give one away if someone needs one. Not long ago I refurbished one for my friend Dino. Dino found the head buried on a job site where he was working. It was very badly rusted when he showed it to me. I asked if I could have it and then put it back into working shape and gave it back to him. Fun thing is he now uses it all the time at his cordwood camp. I never pay much for any of the old stuff I pick up. One of these days I probably should start thinning stuff out but I am not quite ready yet.
take care,
brian

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2021, 05:33:02 pm »
I am the same, may not have 50 but close in ax's also and all sorts of other old tool that I got for almost nothing or sometimes nothing, refurbish , new handles and such, love making handles anyway. I tell people that one day they will have the dangest yard sale you every seen at my place, probably a walk through cause you couldn't get it all in one pile.  :) Most of my stuff means nothing to others but they mean a lot to me, I just like looking at them all sometimes and thinking where they have been and what the have seen and done. Love that stuff. :) I had a guy at the Classic a few years ago, every day I would see him just walking through the shop and looking around, finely one day I ask him, can I help you fine something, I probably know where it is, he said no, he just liked walking and looking and every time he walked through he seen some he hadn't seen before.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good