Author Topic: Hickory, NC shoot-who's coming? This year  (Read 38613 times)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Hickory, NC shoot-who's coming? This year
« Reply #45 on: May 26, 2008, 11:54:42 am »
-At camp, James Parker standing, in the background...Hillbilly, TomB sitting, Cody in red chair, and -James(II or too  ;D). This James had beautiful brain tanned skins he did and poplar bark baskets.
-Lil Pat(his mind elsewhere)
-and of course the food!
-a plate full
-James P, TomB, Hillbilly and Cade
-Nugget helping to make gravel(TJ, thanks again for Sunday morn breakfast. TJ just did the invitin'
 and his wife did the cookin'. ;D
  OK guys, lets see more pics....     Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #46 on: May 26, 2008, 11:57:44 am »
It was a good one Eddie. We missed you and Kathy. Chris said that new bow was a gift for you..... ::) ;D >:D     Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Dingleberry

« Reply #47 on: May 26, 2008, 12:30:20 pm »
Excellent.  Keep the pictures coming.  Any good stories to share?

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #48 on: May 26, 2008, 12:34:30 pm »
We missed you too, Jonathan.     What happens in Hickory, stays in Hickory! ;D >:D     Actually my brain is too foggy right now to remember.  ;D       Pat   

Offline Otoe Bow

• Mike Chase, Afghanistan
« Reply #49 on: May 26, 2008, 02:26:05 pm »
I see a lot of familiar faces there.  Tell everyone I said "Hi".  Looks like a good time.  Maybe some day I'll have reason to travel through those parts at the same time it's going on. 

Mike
So far, I haven't found any Osage or knappable rock over here.  Embrace the suck

Offline nugget

• I see, I hunt, I shoot, I eat
« Reply #50 on: May 26, 2008, 04:33:28 pm »
Here are a few pics that I took.
the first one is some osage I managed to bring home the next 2 are of my kids shooting at the kids range

[attachment deleted by admin]
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....WOW WHAT A RIDE!!

Offline nugget

« Reply #51 on: May 26, 2008, 04:36:27 pm »
A few more.
first one is Pats camp ,then my camp with breakfast on the fire ,and last one is leftovers of breakfast.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....WOW WHAT A RIDE!!

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #52 on: May 26, 2008, 04:49:28 pm »
TJ, I can't take all the credit(blame) for our camp. There were others involved. 8)   It was good seeing you again and meeting your wife, Mom and Dad.  I look forward to the end of July(25, 26, 27). Try to drag Bobby's butt over with you. 8)     Pat

Offline nugget

« Reply #53 on: May 26, 2008, 09:59:21 pm »
Ok let me rephrase that. That picture is of where Pat camped not Pats camp. Hillbilly,Dick ,Cody,Allen,and a few others I do not remember also camped there.
Pat thank you for the cane shafts and the advice on everything I asked you. 
Hope to see you in July.

Offline n2everythg

« Reply #54 on: May 26, 2008, 10:37:41 pm »
Had a Blast guys. cool to hang out with you all. Good food, good company, and good times.
Didnt end up taking any pics at all... dang it. was a delinquent I guess.
But enjoyed the heck out of myself. Thanks all for letting this green horn pick yer brains dry... got anything left>?
later,
N2
N2
East Coast of Nowhere

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #55 on: May 26, 2008, 11:24:55 pm »
Thanks for posting the pics, I took a camera and was so busy having fun all weekend that I forgot to take any. Had a great time hanging out with everybody, shooting, knapping, eating, and shootin' the bull. Good to see everybody again, hope to see y'all again at Pat's.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline nugget

« Reply #56 on: May 27, 2008, 01:55:48 am »
Hillbilly thanks for the advice on knapping. It helped out a bunch.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #57 on: May 27, 2008, 02:19:38 am »
Maybe Dick will post some pics. He was on me all weekend about me taking pics.  ::)    Pat

Offline Calendargirl

• Administrator
« Reply #58 on: May 27, 2008, 03:26:19 am »
What is all this business about "too busy to take pics" etc... Did you NOT get my instructions?  >:(   
We want PICS!   ;D
You shouldn't grow a wishbone where your backbone should be.

DBernier

« Reply #59 on: May 27, 2008, 09:08:23 am »
Marie, I'm downloading them now.   ::)   Have to go out for an hour or so. Will post 15 or 20 of them when I get back.   ;D

Dick