Author Topic: Hickory, NC shoot-who's coming? This year  (Read 38581 times)

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
Re: Hickory, NC shoot-who's coming? This year
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2008, 02:14:23 pm »
Nuthin.  ;D  Just a little bit of pig chasin' down in the South Jawgie swamps. It's a tough job, but somebody gotta do it.  :)
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline nugget

• I see, I hunt, I shoot, I eat
« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2008, 04:34:16 pm »
Man I bet that is gonna be a blast. One day I would love to get me a hog
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....WOW WHAT A RIDE!!

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2008, 06:52:27 pm »
 Steve, I heard with all the rain, the oats are knee high. ;D
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2008, 07:34:22 pm »
Oh yea. I forgot. You guys slay them! Get pics too!     No Jeeps!!! ;D     Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline nugget

« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2008, 09:53:00 pm »
I am all packed up and ready to go!  ;D
All that is left is to put the bows in the truck grab some gas on the way and I am there.
T.J.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....WOW WHAT A RIDE!!

DBernier

« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2008, 10:35:48 pm »
TJ, I should be there between 10 and 11am. I will unload in the spot, if available, where Pat, Allen and I were last year. I think that was about opposite where you were.

Dick

Offline nugget

« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2008, 10:44:47 pm »
Sounds good to me I will see you there. All goes weel I hope to arrive around the same time as you. I am bringing my parents this year so It might take me a little longer.

Dingleberry

« Reply #37 on: May 22, 2008, 12:07:45 pm »
Won't be able to make it this weekend. :'(  Have fun everyone and good luck shooting the course!

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2008, 12:51:32 pm »
We'll miss you, Jonathan. We will make you feel bad with all the pics. ;)     Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: May 23, 2008, 01:16:08 am »
Well, I'll be leaving in the morning. Ya'll be good while I'm gone. Marie will be watching! ::)   Pat

Wasichu

« Reply #40 on: May 23, 2008, 11:50:44 pm »
Guess I"ll pass it up again this year,things change,sometimes good ,sometimes not so good. :-\

Peace

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: May 26, 2008, 11:18:46 am »
With constant reminders from Dick and a few others I finally brought out my camera and took a few pics.   This weekend was a blast. Lots of folks showed up and fun was had by all. I've been a member of CTA for many years and this has been one of my favorite shoots to attend each year. Its like coming home....I'll describe each in a bit.      Pat

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: May 26, 2008, 11:38:21 am »
The pics above...
From the camping area looking towards the clubhouse(top of hill) and vendors area (to the right under the white tent tops).
Hillbilly making gravel!
TomB and little Hillbilly, Cody, my friend and driver Alan in background talking to (special) ED, and Joe sitting, in the background.
Sunday morning on the range...Hillbilly, Chris Cade(with his new James Parker Hunt Worthy bow), Cody and Dick Bernier.(only target with all of our arrows in it ::))
They let me in the pic. My arrow is the one in the 10 ring ::)
James Parker with one of his incredible horse bows and some of Chris' beautiful mastodon handle and Damascus blade knives on the table.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #43 on: May 26, 2008, 11:40:56 am »
Here is a few more.....

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #44 on: May 26, 2008, 11:49:25 am »
  Looks like yall had some fun. And Dang it, Dick, you have been shedding some pounds! It was good to see Tom in the group and glad to see Earnest T made Chris a new bow. I'll bet it is fast. Wish I could have made it.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?