Author Topic: The Ante  (Read 17707 times)

Offline HH~

Re: The Ante
« Reply #75 on: December 22, 2020, 07:04:00 am »
Pat yer a real Piece of work. I did and don't wanna bet you I'de rather just have a friendly five minutes in the circle or cage. I said "I'll bet this flat stick will fly farther than my recurve build just based off wood quality". Had nothing to do with you. WTFAY anyhow?You dont have dog in the hunt, chair at the table or cards in yer hand.

I agree Morgan has it about right on all accounts. You can talk all the digit-world chit you want but at the end of the day yer not scrapin the white off rice Pard. So, go put yer nose in some other pile crap cuz I've had about enough of yours.

Shawn~
MAFA: Makin America Free Again

Long is the road, Hard is the way.

Mother Gue never raised such a foolish child. . . .

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline PatM

« Reply #76 on: December 22, 2020, 07:08:21 am »
Well at least you're admitting it's a pile. No argument there.

Offline bentstick54

« Reply #77 on: December 22, 2020, 07:44:04 am »
One thing I’ve always enjoyed about this sight was the lack of pointed bickering that goes on on many other sites. Really hate to see it show up here. I don’t really care who has the biggest di**. Let’s just share our experiences, bow building beliefs and knowledge, and get along and not act like a bunch of school boys itching for a fight.

Offline PatM

« Reply #78 on: December 22, 2020, 07:54:14 am »
Let’s just share our experiences, bow building beliefs and knowledge.

That's exactly what we were trying for, with a bit less emphasis on belief.

Offline HH~

« Reply #79 on: December 22, 2020, 12:50:01 pm »
Got Ante about floored. Decide on tips? Rocker blades or cut in's? May have to go with some Checheon from my Chosin friend. If I can pinch some off from him.

Yep, think with tips on and long string a few times can get a string on and let it sweat a bit.

HH~

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #80 on: December 22, 2020, 03:21:10 pm »
Looking forward to seeing it up close again, by the way Merry Christmas all. 😉😉 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #81 on: December 22, 2020, 03:46:35 pm »
Looking forward to seeing her bend
Bjrogg
Merry Christmas to all
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline HH~

« Reply #82 on: December 22, 2020, 04:50:41 pm »
Its pretty clear Runner that you have some kind of bias and a know a little about everything bow. About the as much as one would get reading the Bowyers Bibles Volumes. I have read your thread here and else where going back 14yrs. In that time I think I have seen three of your same shoot off hand bows. Do you think your the James Parker of the Digit Dark Web?

Here is some Bias from 2007 "Runner' Sounds very similar. Is that P Moss or G Moss

"Why would you consider it any different from a selfbow? Archers shot bows with no shelf for millenia and continue to do so today. A shelf may arguably give you better pinpoint accuracy but has no bearing on your ability to feed yourself or defend yourself with a bow. Go on Youtube and check out Kassai and students shooting accurately off galloping horses and using bows with no shelf. It goes without saying that you need to use a weaker spine off a non-centreshot bow. Unless of course you choose a thumbring. Most of those replica bows are very narrow at the arrow pass anyway".

Let see some of your 300m unbacked 50lb  selfbows.

HH~

Offline ibex

« Reply #83 on: December 22, 2020, 07:16:40 pm »
Great looking bow Shawn!
𝙄𝙩'𝙨 𝙣𝙞𝙘𝙚 𝙩𝙤 𝙗𝙚 𝙞𝙢𝙥𝙤𝙧𝙩𝙖𝙣𝙩, 𝙗𝙪𝙩 𝙞𝙩'𝙨 𝙢𝙤𝙧𝙚 𝙞𝙢𝙥𝙤𝙧𝙩𝙖𝙣𝙩 𝙩𝙤 𝙗𝙚 𝙣𝙞𝙘𝙚.

Offline HH~

« Reply #84 on: December 23, 2020, 12:45:12 pm »
About floored. Has about 2"-2.5" of reflex exluding the hooks.

HH~

Offline scp

« Reply #85 on: December 23, 2020, 01:45:08 pm »
About floored. Has about 2"-2.5" of reflex excluding the hooks.

Probably not enough to stay in the game. How about heat treating the belly now?

Offline HH~

« Reply #86 on: December 23, 2020, 02:08:32 pm »
Can, still over 1/2" thick . It'' take that elm stick with zero reflex. All in the wood. Go out in a 90 degree humid day, elm has no chance, none. In desert possibly?

To burn some more reflex would mean building a caul exactly for this bow as it sits for it length. I could do this but I'm thinking with only two folks who bellied up I may leave it as it sets?

HH~

Offline Yooper Bowyer

• formerly Tradcraftsman
« Reply #87 on: December 23, 2020, 02:18:59 pm »
Can, still over 1/2" thick . It'' take that elm stick with zero reflex. All in the wood. Go out in a 90 degree humid day, elm has no chance, none. In desert possibly?

I'd hate to say that and then be proven wrong.  Elm is lighter than Osage and less reflex means even less mass is needed.  Some of the best bows I know of are well cooked elm.  Design and execution is where the challenge is.

Offline HH~

« Reply #88 on: December 23, 2020, 02:32:34 pm »
Made a truck load of em. 

Ran one for years and won lots of cash with it. But come high humidity and heat yer done, cooked. Lay chips all in on that day with plenty shooting to go i will take ya to the cashier. Had it happen in a big shoot on Ohio River in dead of summer standing in six inches of thunder storm water and 95 degrees. Was 50 points in lead after 20, then the elm sponge effect.

Its one thing to shoot one arra into the blue with elm. Its another to run it any eeather condition and think its gonna perform like hedge.

Theres a reason why Hedge is king. I learn by get my pockets turned inside out.

Shawn~

Offline RyanY

« Reply #89 on: December 23, 2020, 02:48:57 pm »

I'd hate to say that and then be proven wrong.  Elm is lighter than Osage and less reflex means even less mass is needed.  Some of the best bows I know of are well cooked elm.  Design and execution is where the challenge is.

You have to take his word for it.