Author Topic: The Ante  (Read 17743 times)

Offline HH~

Re: The Ante
« Reply #60 on: December 21, 2020, 04:35:04 pm »
I think you better find another stoop to poop on partner. Not much in mood today.

Shawn~
MAFA: Makin America Free Again

Long is the road, Hard is the way.

Mother Gue never raised such a foolish child. . . .

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline PatM

« Reply #61 on: December 21, 2020, 04:47:51 pm »
You had your chance.  Now this thread will come down to a whole lotta nothing.

Offline bassman

« Reply #62 on: December 21, 2020, 05:28:51 pm »
Ok guys tis the season for a little joy ,and happiness, and peace on earth. You are both good bow makers, and at times we can all be stubborn with our opinions. Pat M. we know you know your stuff, but you can come across brash at times, and HH we can see you make a premium bow with the pics. even with your military jargon which at times we can not understand. I pray more than anything we can beat this virus ,and get back to normal. Merry Xmas to you two,and all. Signed Santa Claus.

Offline Selfbowman

« Reply #63 on: December 21, 2020, 05:37:46 pm »
Ok guys tis the season for a little joy ,and happiness, and peace on earth. You are both good bow makers, and at times we can all be stubborn with our opinions. Pat M. we know you know your stuff, but you can come across brash at times, and HH we can see you make a premium bow with the pics. even with your military jargon which at times we can not understand. I pray more than anything we can beat this virus ,and get back to normal. Merry Xmas to you two,and all. Signed Santa Claus.

☝️☝️☝️👌👌😃😃❤️❤️❤️❤️ Amen Brother!!!
Well I'll say!!  Osage is king!!

Offline RyanY

« Reply #64 on: December 21, 2020, 05:44:12 pm »
You named your bow “Ante” and you aren’t even going to show us your cards. You have to know you’ll get these comments when you sit down at the table.

Offline PatM

« Reply #65 on: December 21, 2020, 06:13:45 pm »
You named your bow “Ante” and you aren’t even going to show us your cards. You have to know you’ll get these comments when you sit down at the table.

That's all I'm saying, regardless of how it comes across.  I just don't get the point of adding  a bow to a topic of known reason and then dodging the whole point.

Just post it as a  bow on its own and  decline if asked for details beyond the pics if you're too timid to play ball.

To be offended to ante up is bizarre.

Offline PatM

« Reply #66 on: December 21, 2020, 06:15:11 pm »
Come Again?

We're in the Recurve Shootout Arvin started.

Shawn~

Offline Selfbowman

« Reply #67 on: December 21, 2020, 06:46:32 pm »
I didn’t start chit! Or didn’t mean too. But if a corn field will get the answers ? Let’s go to the corn field. Arvin
Well I'll say!!  Osage is king!!

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #68 on: December 21, 2020, 08:33:37 pm »
Al right boys , play nice.  ::) Seems everyone is a little stressed right now but please don't bring it here.  :) It's all about learning and having some fun with like minded people. Don't take it so serious , life is to short.  (SH)

Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline HH~

« Reply #69 on: December 21, 2020, 08:37:21 pm »
You had your chance.  Now this thread will come down to a whole lotta nothing.

Glad to know we’re working off your hour glass.

I think you better find another stoop to poop on partner. Not much in mood today.

You should take heed of this and lend your presence to some other who likes to hear your suk run.

Shawn~
« Last Edit: December 22, 2020, 06:52:48 am by HH~ »
MAFA: Makin America Free Again

Long is the road, Hard is the way.

Mother Gue never raised such a foolish child. . . .

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline Morgan

« Reply #70 on: December 21, 2020, 09:18:03 pm »
It’s interesting to read these posts from an unbiased prospective. I can truly see both sides of the bicker.
Myself and others read this to see the outcomes of these bowyers endeavors. Mild good natured bickering is good as it presents different perspectives,  Even if the parties doing the bickering are too closed minded to see Others perspectives at the time, they may reflect back as long as they ain’t too butt hurt over the argument. Regardless it is good for bystanders wanting to educate themselves to hear both sides of a debate. Often it boils down to what breed of coonhound is the best and there is no answer.
There is always two sides to an argument, and bystanders typically pick a side; I don’t particularly see the reason for this one. And I’ll explain from my perspective.
I believe that some took hedge to be saying that certain  bows he makes are better or faster than theirs. I don’t think that he meant it as such. I think he meant that he can tell which bows if his performs better and that’s good enough for him, he doesn’t need to prove to himself with numbers and don’t feel obligated to prove to others as his bows just need to suit him. He joined in the recurve build threads to build a bow similar to others being built and join in the discussion not to prove anything. I may be wrong on that take, but I understand that mentality. There are bows on my rack that are the fastest I’ve built. Also bows that are the slowest I’ve ever shot, the fast ones suit me and I still appreciate the effort I put in to the slow ones. I do not need numbers to discern which is which. There are some bows in my rack that I think are fast, and I couldn’t tell you which is fastest, I would need a measured number to do so, but I don’t care that much.

I believe the other take on this argument is that numbers are needed to prove out a bow or design and that Shawn was somehow challenging that due to the way he presented his views. I can see that, and I am appreciative of the test the design mentality. If it weren’t for that mentality and what I’ve learned from it,  I would have nothing but dogs on my rack and think that self bows are just dogs.

Both sides are right, you need to test and measure to constantly improve. You do not have to test and measure to know a bow is fast enough to suit your taste and needs.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2020, 09:27:18 pm by Morgan »

Offline PatM

« Reply #71 on: December 21, 2020, 10:27:04 pm »
That's a lot of typing.

The man  made a statement and was willing to bet.   When asked to back it up he seems to want to fold.

We're quite interested in pretty simple "how far does my bow shoot" comparisons.  Especially when vociferous opinions are offered.

If you're not willing to be called, don't belly up to the table and ante up. Pretty simple.

Offline scp

« Reply #72 on: December 21, 2020, 11:08:02 pm »
If we are betting on the speed of bows, we do need numbers eventually. But it can take months, if not years, to come up with those numbers. It has been ten years since I wanted to make a self-bow shooting 170 FPS. I might have one or two already if I simply push the limit of certain bows. But I am too lazy to set up my "primitive" shooting machine properly to know for sure. I am only beginning to make matching arrows for certain bows. It takes time to make exceptional bows. Let's be patient with each other.

bownarra

« Reply #73 on: December 22, 2020, 12:41:15 am »
I just want to see how you do with the bow :)
No ego's needed just some photos :)
We are all in this game together better to get on than let petty 'feelings' get in the way of the bigger picture :)

Offline RyanY

« Reply #74 on: December 22, 2020, 01:00:12 am »
Claims have been made by a specific individual and have not been backed up and no confidence that they will be backed up in the future is what it comes down to. Can’t enter the speed discussion and make claims without backing it up with empirical evidence. Otherwise any man can do as he pleases.