Author Topic: Finally got my first osage stave :)  (Read 14000 times)

Offline maitus

Re: Finally got my first osage stave :)
« Reply #90 on: December 31, 2020, 12:12:50 pm »
He ask to see a sinew Elm bow. Seems he was having problems with set with Elm wood that is all. Meant no harm. Will post no more pics on OP threads. Probably taken the wrong way by most. Sorry. My work does not compare in any way to his. No bees in the computer room. Those are archery accessories.
Its ok, bassman. monoloco ment with this "of topic" his own post about beehive :D. I'm happy You posted Your bows here :).

Offline bassman

« Reply #91 on: December 31, 2020, 05:02:48 pm »
Thank you ,and good luck with your next sinew backed Elm.

Offline maitus

« Reply #92 on: January 03, 2021, 03:20:37 pm »
I have one theory in terms of the speed of my bow. I think that there is a lot to do with the hollow limb design. If to bend hollow limb the bending force forces the limb flatten and the edges of the limbs will rise. As I put more sinew on the edges like they to on horn bows the sinew doesn't let the edges rise and there will more stretching tension for sinew and in result more speed as well. Also the hollow limb wants to jump straight by itself like steel measuring tape and it gives some extra tension. The third reason could be the wider surface area of the belly and thinner and lighter limb moves faster and also prevents the string fallow. What You guys think about it :)?

Offline Yooper Bowyer

• formerly Tradcraftsman
« Reply #93 on: January 03, 2021, 03:40:38 pm »
That sounds similar to explanations given in the PA article that introduced HLD.  I wish I could remember the volume/issue.

Offline maitus

« Reply #94 on: January 03, 2021, 04:14:02 pm »
That sounds similar to explanations given in the PA article that introduced HLD.  I wish I could remember the volume/issue.
Would be very interesting to read.

Offline Jjpso

« Reply #95 on: January 03, 2021, 04:18:33 pm »
don't know the volume, but I think its the same article that you can find in Simson website

Offline Yooper Bowyer

• formerly Tradcraftsman
« Reply #96 on: January 03, 2021, 04:22:38 pm »
I just found it.  It is volume 24 issue 5.  It is probably one of the most valuable articles published in the magazine. 

Offline maitus

« Reply #97 on: January 03, 2021, 04:26:05 pm »
I just found it.  It is volume 24 issue 5.  It is probably one of the most valuable articles published in the magazine.
Could You copy it and send it to my mailbox?

Offline Yooper Bowyer

• formerly Tradcraftsman
« Reply #98 on: January 03, 2021, 04:45:13 pm »
My copy is on paper, not an e-version.  I would suggest buying the back issue, as there are other good articles in there as well including the usual hunting stories and a very informative one from Mr. Berger on how to write articles.  I wish he was still writing for PA, he was one of the best and most enjoyable to read.

Offline maitus

« Reply #99 on: January 03, 2021, 05:04:30 pm »
My copy is on paper, not an e-version.  I would suggest buying the back issue, as there are other good articles in there as well including the usual hunting stories and a very informative one from Mr. Berger on how to write articles.  I wish he was still writing for PA, he was one of the best and most enjoyable to read.
Sorry, then I have to accept the situation :). Can You tell in a few words what is written there?