Author Topic: Space x  (Read 1274 times)

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
Space x
« on: November 15, 2020, 07:32:24 pm »
Another manned mission. Looks like a successful launch to orbit and a successful recovery and landing of the stage one rocket. 27 hours till they catch the space station.

I’m really looking forward to us going back to the moon. Really doing stuff there in a permanent and meaningful way. Then Mars. I sure hope I get to see it.

Elon might be a bit eccentric. But he sure put together one heck of a company. As they say. The best way to become a millionaire in space is start out as a billionaire.

Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Piddler

Re: Space x
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2020, 08:15:28 pm »
America getting back in the game, finally.
I once saw a bumper sticker on the back of a corvette that said "he who dies with the most toys wins".
Fellas it's going to be hard to beat a man who owns rockets. Just saying.
Piddler
"My goal in life is to try and be the kind of person my dog thinks I am"

Offline Deerhunter21

• What do you despise? By this are you truly known.
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2020, 08:45:59 pm »
i watched this in depth explanation on a bunch of stuff about whether we should go to mars and all this stuff. Definitely interesting and fun to think about. also very sobering though. im excited to see what the future brings really!! last summers iss transfer was the first space thing that ive ever watched. very interesting too.

also a fun channel to watch about this sort of stuff is called Vsauce. be prepared to have your brain fried. hes the one that talks about going to mars and all that fun interstellar and stellar stuff. very interesting things other than that too.
Life before death. Strength before weakness. Journey before destination.

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2020, 12:40:40 am »
Well, I knew some in laws who came west in a covered wagon and lived to see a moon landing!  All in the space of less than 100 years!  That is really impressive!  Those dudes done good, but can they make a self bow and arrows! :BB (SH) :NN (-P (lol) (lol)!,  I agree, most impressive accomplishment for the astronauts and the engineers!  Unfortunately the money guys get the credit, but they weren't down where the rubber meets the road, or in on the launch or the linkup with the ISS!  Good job none the less!  No sour grapes - I am impressed!
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2020, 06:22:26 am »
America getting back in the game, finally.
I once saw a bumper sticker on the back of a corvette that said "he who dies with the most toys wins".
Fellas it's going to be hard to beat a man who owns rockets. Just saying.
Piddler

Yup pretty sure I come up shy on the toy list, but I still enjoy playing with what I have and even watching others play with theirs.

I actually think it’s pretty cool that the man spent his own money to get us back in a space program. He originally was just trying to get people excited about space again and increase NASA’s budget. He took a start up company from nothing to building arguably the best rockets ever built in less than twenty years. He had to of recruited some very talented people who must be very passionate about their work. They have some pretty lofty goals. They have done many things that almost everyone told them weren’t possible. This is just the start as they continue to work on more impossible problems.

I hope Boeing  can solve their problems to. I might be a oddball but ever since I was a little kid growing up watching the space race I have found this stuff fascinating. I know times have changed. I watched the launch yesterday by myself. My wife and kids really weren’t all that interested. Maybe they will watch as we land on the moon again? Maybe some little kids will dream lofty dreams and become the future explorers and problem solvers. Maybe no one will be impressed. Maybe these dreams will be forgotten. Replaced by other impossible problems.

I hope not. Like Elon I very much want to see man go back to the moon. To go to Mars before I pass. To follow those dreams

Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2020, 07:48:32 am »
My wife's grandmother got her bicycle repaired by the Wright Bros in Dayton OH and later in her life saw the first man on the moon. That was less than 70 or so years. Just think what can happen in the next 70.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC