Main Discussion Area > Flight Bows

Paper testing

<< < (2/5) > >>

DC:

--- Quote from: Badger on October 05, 2020, 04:41:05 pm ---   A good starting point for spine on a 50# bow. Test your arrow on 22" centers instead of 26". You are looking for 1" deflection with a 2# weight. Very little spine is needed with no weight up front and light arrows.

--- End quote ---

Yikes,, I have to double check this. I don't have any boo this light. A regular 30# spine arrow(from my grandson's quiver) shows .5" (1/2") this way. What length arrows would be spined this way or does it matter? I think I'll put a longer pull rope on my shooting machine ;D ;D

willie:
What length arrows would be spined this way?

@22 in centers, 1" deflection with 2#?

DC:
I must be doing something wrong. I'm a coward so I'm using my 35#@25" bow and I'm drawing it to 20" where it's about 20#. If I use a 50-60#(26" centers)arrow it makes a 1" vertical tear. If I use the 1" deflection@22" (no fletching) it cuts the paper in half(8" tear) to the left. Could that be something to do with my machine. I'm reporting the direction if the tear as if the bow was vertical. Make it easier to think about. The paper is 7' from the bow.

Badger:

--- Quote from: DC on October 06, 2020, 01:58:46 pm ---I must be doing something wrong. I'm a coward so I'm using my 35#@25" bow and I'm drawing it to 20" where it's about 20#. If I use a 50-60#(26" centers)arrow it makes a 1" vertical tear. If I use the 1" deflection@22" (no fletching) it cuts the paper in half(8" tear) to the left. Could that be something to do with my machine. I'm reporting the direction if the tear as if the bow was vertical. Make it easier to think about. The paper is 7' from the bow.

--- End quote ---

I was going by what Ivar Mald had told me at the flight shoots, 24" arrow that weighs about 160 grains, no point weight and tapered tip. If you have any weight at all up front it would change that formula drastically. Ivar had tremendous success with his arrows. 

DC:
I tried it once with no weight but it was 28" or better long. I'll try again at 24" no weight. Thanks :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version