Main Discussion Area > Flight Bows

Paper testing

<< < (3/5) > >>

Badger:

--- Quote from: DC on October 06, 2020, 02:10:06 pm ---I tried it once with no weight but it was 28" or better long. I'll try again at 24" no weight. Thanks :)

--- End quote ---
You will also need to taper the front 2" to get some more weight off the front

DC:
Not a lot better but I did get 204fps from a 20#@20" bow ;D ;D.  The arrow is 170 grains. I'm just throwing these arrows together so there may be a problem there but I think it's because I'm so close to the bow. I don't think the arrow can straighten out in 7'. I think I'll have to build a bigger paper frame that I can try outside.

willie:

--- Quote ---I don't think the arrow can straighten out in 7'
--- End quote ---

are you working on what it takes to straighten the arrow flight, or to see how straight it can leave the bow?

Perhaps a release from the string as close to a good finger shot as you can duplicate would be something to establish first.

DC:
I have a rolling block release. I can't think of anything except maybe a spring to add some resistance to the release and I'm having trouble finding room or attachment points for that. I have a stop on the rolling block so that it doesn't flatten right out but leaves the "fingers" up slightly. Actually all the shooting machine releases I've seen(not many) have a compound bow type release which doesn't supply any sideways kick.

PS I just went and looked at Del's release and it's very much like mine.

willie:
guess thats as close as it comes,

it would be nice to see some trend, ie the softer the spine, the further (or lesser) an arrow seems be knock left. I wonder if you are changing too many variables at once, only drawing 20" 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version