Main Discussion Area > Flight Bows

Strip bamboo arrows

<< < (4/8) > >>

Hawkdancer:
Well, now!  A split cane flr rod could be a very worthwhile and profitable endeavor!  Way back n the day, you could one for $5-$10 USD.  On the other hand, $1.00 an hour was good money!  I think the last price I saw on a handmade split cane fly rod was about $150-$200 USD!  Sort of raises the cost of fish >:D )F( (lol)!
Hawkdancer

Del the cat:
This threads got me thinking about flight shooting again. :)
There doesn't seem to be much interest in primitive or self bow flight here in the UK and most of the shoots are GNAS (spits on floor as the only class they have that's of interest to me is the ELB)  >:(
I might try and organise an informal on at the club where I shoot, but I don't think there would be any serious competion :(
TBF there is some good warbow flight shooting, but I'm a bit on the old side for that now... dunno if I can pull much ov r 80# these days.... (yes I know a good 80# may well beat a 120# with flight arrows )
Sorry rambling now.... good thread this :)
Del

DC:

--- Quote from: Hawkdancer on September 26, 2020, 12:37:35 am ---Well, now!  A split cane flr rod could be a very worthwhile and profitable endeavor! 
Hawkdancer

--- End quote ---

I don't know if you intended to write Fir rod but it got me thinking. Has anyone made a "split cane" type arrow out of, pick a wood, and compared it with the same wood in it's natural state. Same diameter etc etc

Hawkdancer:
I fat fingered that on, should be fly rod!  Don't know what happened to that set-up I had!
Hawkdancer

DC:
I thought it was a typo but it sent me in the right direction I think. I cut a bunch of hemlock triangle strips and glued them up. We'll see how stiff it is.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version