Author Topic: hafted arrowhead found  (Read 4843 times)

tlee

hafted arrowhead found
« on: April 30, 2008, 02:03:47 am »
Hey yall, I was just looking at some other sites and came across this. Thought you might really like it.

http://www.texasarrowheads.com/asphaltum/hafting.html

Offline Cromm

Re: hafted arrowhead found
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2008, 08:06:50 am »
Hi, very nice find!!!
Great Britain.
Home of the Longbowman.

Offline Little John

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2008, 09:59:14 am »
Yep, nice find.   kenneth
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2008, 10:08:22 am »
That's a rare find for sure. I was told by one of the inspectors on a job in Laredo - they were putting in a new bridge on the highway, dozer operator pushed up a bunch of artifacts in the sand - one of them was a tomohawk with the handle still attached! Since it was a little rotten he ripped it all off and chunked it only saving the head, along with about a bucket full of various points..
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline Sparrow

• Who shot cock robin ? I said the sparrow.
    • Dream Fish Charters
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2008, 02:53:45 pm »
 Now thats a cool point.the ancients mastered the materials in their world,was'nt much "Primitive" to it.That that stickum last thru that great amount of time is something I would like to use in my arrow making. Frank
Frank (The Sparrow) Pataha, Washington

Offline recurve shooter

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2008, 01:06:56 am »
sweetness. ;D anyone who think that native americans were less intelegent than the english who came overhere and took stuff from em has some stuff to learn. i could sit and listen to the sories and skills of a native for weeks. ;D
lets just shoot it