Author Topic: repeated EA-40 failures  (Read 2105 times)

Offline Alchemist

Re: repeated EA-40 failures
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2020, 11:23:06 am »
T 1100-11 - What B Widow been using for years. Best to bring it up to 130-145. It will cure in several hours at that temp.

Thanks. One other thing I've thought about.  I'm using the double layer of innertube.  Should I have split it lengthwise so I only have one layer?

Offline HH~

« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2020, 03:31:50 pm »
Yes, i do. You can squeeze to much glue out. I never have with inner tube however. That extra wedge of wood you have in riser is begging to get popped out of your bow. Either by compression or loosened by vibration then compression.

Length of riser and how much fade thins is also kinda important. To thin for to far will cause core/riser separation. I try and keep handle really stiff with a glue on. Any bending there and nothing is stopping handle from popping

Shawn

MAFA: Makin America Free Again

Long is the road, Hard is the way.

Mother Gue never raised such a foolish child. . . .

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline Hamish

« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2020, 03:47:35 pm »
Alchemist, re "When you say 'let them sit around a week' what do you mean?  The individual parts before gluing or the glued up bow?"

Let the glued up bow re acclimate after coming out of the heat box, rather than trying to tiller straight away.