Author Topic: Difficulty controlling.  (Read 2017 times)

Offline bradsmith2010

Re: Difficulty controlling.
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2020, 11:23:02 am »
good Point Jawge,,to keep taper even,, bow still may have some twist,,if you can shoot well,, you will notice no difference in performance,,or accuracy,, from a bow that looks perfect and one that has some character in the limbs,,, I am talking self bows,, on the laminated bows ,, one has a bit more controll,, but not always,,variation in the wood sometimes can not be measured,, (-S

Offline Selfbowman

« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2020, 03:37:47 pm »
Get it to brace. Make one of Eric’s tiller gizmos and take your time till you have built 20  or so bows preferably with the same kind of wood! Then you will have a good start for sure. You can not believe how much patience bow making has taught me!!!
Arvin
Well I'll say!!  Osage is king!!

Offline ratt

« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2020, 07:18:55 am »
Great advice from everyone, so I thank you all for that. I have learnt some tips for controlling my bow making, you really are a clever lot. I use a simple homemade shave horse by the way, it does the job, but when my skills improve I know i'll need a better one. The best conclusion I take from your replies is that a twisted bow is not necessarily a bad bow. Many thanks to you all.