Author Topic: Done got everything moved!  (Read 1212 times)

Offline Hawkdancer

Done got everything moved!
« on: August 31, 2020, 10:20:19 pm »
We finally got all our stuff moved from Colorado to Western Nebraska!  The house is just about the way Jacie wants it, and the shop is just short of total chaos!  Got the new band saw and table saw mounted, and ready to figure out how to hook up dust collection(shop vac) and where to put them!  Had to call in reenforcements to get the band saw mounted!  Got important things set up, like an indoor target, will eventually have about 15 yards, hope to set up outdoor range as well later on!  Also, got our doe tags, season choice, so we can hunt into January, with whatever weapon is in season!  Still adjusting to life in a very small town, some things are only available in the distant cities.
On the other hand, we have 3 gigs lined up, and Jacie has several clients providing work at least until the end of hunting season.  Still got to get the yard fenced and the dog door installed, minor job!
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline Deerhunter21

• What do you despise? By this are you truly known.
Re: Done got everything moved!
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2020, 07:23:26 am »
Welcome to the state of corn and birds!!! youll expecially have a ton of grouse, pheasants, quail and dont forget the turkey and dove! i dont know anything about deer over there but the bird habitat is top notch!! we got long hunting seasons and friendly people! Glad the move went well!!
Life before death. Strength before weakness. Journey before destination.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2020, 11:24:27 am »
Hope you grow to love the small town vibe. Don’t tell anyone anything you don’t want everyone to know.lol They probably already know it anyhow.

And if you need help, their usually there to give it without even asking.

I hate moving. I haven’t moved in 25 years now. I still have stuff I didn’t get unpacked.  I’m hoping I don’t have to move again till it’s in a pine box.

Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2020, 11:38:56 am »
Hope you grow to love the small town vibe. Don’t tell anyone anything you don’t want everyone to know.lol They probably already know it anyhow.

And if you need help, their usually there to give it without even asking.

I hate moving. I haven’t moved in 25 years now. I still have stuff I didn’t get unpacked.  I’m hoping I don’t have to move again till it’s in a pine box.

Bjrogg
We had stuff still in boxes that we didn't know was there - last move we made the byword was "it's in a box in the garage!  This time around it will be in the shop!  But if I don't unpack it, I will at least have the box marked.  I even started labeling the cabinets, so I can remember what is in them!  I agree with the next move concept!  Even got pine trees to make the box >:D (lol)!  We only have about 1,000 or under folks in town, darn small county, too!  I know about the small town "grapevine", by the time the weekly paper comes out, everybody knows, and some things don't make the paper.
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry