Author Topic: New member  (Read 4002 times)

Offline Fundin

« on: April 25, 2008, 12:13:06 pm »
As per request I am posting a little presentation of myself. I am 31yrs old, from northern Sweden and I made my first serviceable bow in 96, a noray pine bow of 40# made from a long branch....It worked well until the wooddried out enough, then it cracked. Since about 2001 I have made more serious bows, you can se some on my homepage under "Bågar jag byggt" www.asgard.se/henrik they are just a few examples, I take to few photographs. I usually trade my bows for other stuff like axes, handmade cloth or a tanned skin.

I have subscribet to PA for a little over a year and I am really enjoying the magazine, now I am waiting for some back issues i ordered a while ago, sometimes the mail takes forever.

I am currently on the lookout for sturgeon skins for my next hunting bow, It will be a short yew bow spliced from billets, sinew backed to about midlimb and sturgeon skins to cover the sinew. I have been looking on the net on the advertisers in PA and now I am trying the forums.

Some of you might recognize me from PaleoPlanet where I use the same nickname.

Well, thats it, if you have any questions just ask

/Henrik "Fundin" Thurfjell

By the way, Fundin is a name i use in live roleplaying, its an old medieval swedish name mentioned in different places, among others the edda where Tolkien picked it up. I wasnt aware of this until I re-read The Hobbit and saw that Balin was the son of Fundin.... Under the name of Fundin Jägare (The Hunter) I enter the largest medieval longbow competition in Sweden each year.

Offline stiknstring

Re: New member
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2008, 12:14:24 pm »
Nice to see you made it over here from "the planet"

Welcome!

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2008, 12:18:11 pm »
Welcome to PA Henrik!  Its great to see more folks showing up from across the pond. Looking forward to seeing your work.     Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline George Tsoukalas

• Traditional and Primitive Archers
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2008, 01:06:58 pm »
Nice to meet  you and welcome. Jawge
Set Happens!
If you ain't breakin' you ain't makin!

Offline DanaM

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2008, 01:10:29 pm »
Welcome aboard ;)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline medicinewheel

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2008, 03:12:06 pm »
Welcome to PA Henrik!  Its great to see more folks showing up from across the pond. Looking forward to seeing your work.     Pat

dito!

frank
Frank from Germany...

Offline Jesse

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2008, 04:07:52 pm »
Howdy :) 
                      Jesse
"If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere."
    --Frank A. Clark

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2008, 04:16:22 pm »
Welcome aboard, Henrik.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline 1/2primitive

• Bible believing Christian
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2008, 05:59:50 pm »
Yep, I recognize you from PP, nice to have you here.
   Sean
Dallas/Fort Worth Tx.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2008, 09:45:46 pm »
  Glad to see you here ,Henrik. I still have that spotted fawn quiver.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline cracker

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2008, 11:37:34 pm »
Hello
  I am a newby here too 47 years old got into bowmaking about 10 or 12 years ago. Kids were screaming bow and arrow for christmas. I was laid off no dough. I read an article in field stream made a bow for the kids the hickory was still too green took a terrible set but the kids loved it  Didn't think too much about it until letely. now the nest is empty no kids to chase after. I have time to think about other things and primitive archery as consumed my mind. I see a bow in every tree I pass. I understand there may be a support group for this affliction. Any one want some pignut hickory?  I have plent
Look forward to meeting some of you at 11th classic.
Thanks Ronnie
AKA Cracker
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?