Author Topic: Fades  (Read 3679 times)

Offline DC

Re: Fades
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2020, 12:05:17 am »
I only draw 27" on a good day so that slows it a bit but the major problem was being able to get the arrow through the sweet spot of the chrono. I could shoot 10 arrows and have seven error mesg. And the 3 good shots could vary by 10fps. I'm not sure I ever got 180 with my fingers. The machine is solid. One arrow is all it takes. Ten arrows will be all within 2 fps. I haven't shot through the chrono for a long time. I plan on doing it some day.

Offline willie

« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2020, 12:23:17 pm »
there seems to be some tricks to getting good lighting to reduce errors also.
there was  also a post a while back where, I wish I could remember who, made a release for his machine that emulated a finger release.

Offline DC

« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2020, 01:14:38 pm »
I'm pretty sure that the errors were caused by me. I tried shade, open sun and the little diffusers in both. It would be nice to find out I'm not a klutz but I don't think that's going to happen. If it involves hand eye coordination I won't be much good at it.

Offline DC

« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2020, 02:12:22 pm »
Well I'm pleased. I set up the chrono in the backyard and took a about ten shots.
Four of them were over 190. Two were 195. I was really concentrating on my draw length. I'm 6'1" so my DL should be over 28 if I stretch so that may account for the speed. Only one ERR so that was really good. Next time I'll put some tape on the 28" mark so I've got a better idea of what's happening.